No announcement yet.

Lara Vs. Canelo WHO WON?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    7-5 Canelo. Too many rounds Lara "gave away" by landing a nice 1-2, then not throwing a punch for the next 1-2 minutes while Canelo was stalking and landing body punches. Close but Lara let the fight go by not letting his hands go (although if he lets his hands go more, he opens himself up as well so it goes both ways...he didn't like feeling Canelo's power imo). If it matters, I had money on Lara to win.
    I had the score the other way around, but I tend to agree with your assessment. I don't think Lara was liking the power he was feeling. Perhaps he simply doesn't have the style, skill or ability to take on Canelo the way he had to. He might've been laid out.

Comment

Learn how to judge a fight...

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      I thought Lara squeaked out the win. I was initially upset at the decision because it was a big fight, but I got over it quickly. Landy did it to himself. This was the biggest fight of his career to date, perhaps the biggest fight he'll ever have, and he fought it like it was some sort of game. I hate to say Lara didn't deserve to win -- the rules are the rules and I thought, objectively, he outpointed Canelo -- but Lara didn't deserve to win.

Lara didn't "squeak" out anything. He was effective for the first 3 or 4 rounds, until Canelo ADJUSTED to him. Once Canelo started to break his body down, Lara started to run. He almost slipped out of the ring he was running so hard. Smh. He blew the fight. Canelo controlled the ring, landed the cleaner, harder shots. You cannot win a big fight running. Period. In the beginning Lara was moving because he wanted to. In the end, he was moving because he HAD to. And that's the difference. Canelo hit him with a single, well-timed, uppercut that cut his eye, BAD. Tell me you weren't impressed? Canelo gets a lot of hate on here. Keep hating and he'll keep winning and improving in the process.
      Last edited by GOD-FR33; 05-03-2016, 04:12 PM. Reason: words.

Comment

I had the score the other way around, but I tend to agree with your assessment. I don't think Lara was liking the power he was feeling. Perhaps he simply doesn't have the style, skill or ability to take on Canelo the way he had to. He might've been laid out.
        That was the impression I got. I think those body punches were a lot more effective than some people give Canelo credit for; I distinctively remember literally hearing the loud smacking/thudding sounds of those body blows and Lara almost never answered back but instead retreated (which is usually a sign that they are doing some sort of damage or at the very least causing discomfort).

I remember also being very dissapointed with Lara's performance not just because I lost money but because I thought if he truly gave it his all, win or lose, it would have been great for Cuban boxing in general, which I've always been a fan of, and I was left with the impression Lara simply didn't put everything he had into this fight. He was content going the distance and "keeping it close" which will never be enough to get a decision over a big star like Canelo.

Comment

Good post...

I second this. Lara was moving effectively early and then Canelo adjusted. Once that happened, Lara's movement became ineffective. He went from boxing effectively to running. If he came forward and tried to actually WIN the fight, he gets KO'ed. I feel the same about Manny/Floyd. Floyd felt Manny's power and wanted no part of it. On top of that, I saw Manny's hand speed bothering Floyd as well. He is definitely the faster fighter. People need to learn the three criteria for judging a fight; effective aggressiveness, clean punching, and ring generalship.

Comment

Cinnamon won, Lara literally run.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
              Lara didn't "squeak" out anything. He was effective for the first 3 or 4 rounds, until Canelo ADJUSTED to him. Once Canelo started to break his body down, Lara started to run. He almost slipped out of the ring he was running so hard. Smh. He blew the fight. Canelo controlled the ring, landed the cleaner, harder shots. You cannot win a big fight running. Period. In the beginning Lara was moving because he wanted to. In the end, he was moving because he HAD to. And that's the difference. Canelo hit him with a single, well-timed, uppercut that cut his eye, BAD. Tell me you weren't impressed? Canelo gets a lot of hate on here. Keep hating and he'll keep winning and improving in the process.
              Learn how to judge a fight? Hahaha Why do you say that? Because I don't agree with you? Lol Look, a lot of knowledgable people were divided on this bout. The scores tend to be slightly in favor of either man. The consensus is that it was a close fight, and split scores are common with close fights. I just happen to have seen it slightly in favor of Lara. And if you read my other posts, it's pretty clear that I'm not hating on Canelo. I blame Lara. Your breakdown sounds about right; but, to tell you the truth, I saw the fight the night of and haven't re-watched it. You helped me recall some things. Maybe I'd have it for Alvarez the second time around, maybe not, but I know how to judge a fight, my friend. Believe it. Lol

Comment

Canelo won by a couple. I haven't rewatched it so I can't say my exact score, but Lara ran from Canelo like he was AIDS macerating as a boxer. Hard to give rounds to pity pat shots from a guy doing a full sprint away from his opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  That was the impression I got. I think those body punches were a lot more effective than some people give Canelo credit for; I distinctively remember literally hearing the loud smacking/thudding sounds of those body blows and Lara almost never answered back but instead retreated (which is usually a sign that they are doing some sort of damage or at the very least causing discomfort).

I remember also being very dissapointed with Lara's performance not just because I lost money but because I thought if he truly gave it his all, win or lose, it would have been great for Cuban boxing in general, which I've always been a fan of, and I was left with the impression Lara simply didn't put everything he had into this fight. He was content going the distance and "keeping it close" which will never be enough to get a decision over a big star like Canelo.
                  As fans, sometimes we view these guys like they're not human...but they are. They feel pain and fear. Sometimes the other guy is just better. We agree Lara needed to step it up, but he just didn't have it in him. He's not a great champion. Good fighter, but not great. How I would love to have seen him take it to Canelo and win. He may never have another opportunity like that again. Frankly, he proved he didn't deserve it. You have to be willing to go out on your shield. It is what it is.

Comment

Lara was almost fighting scared, moved excessively but snapped Canelo's head back with some good lefts.

Canelo was the aggressor, but could not effectively cut off the ring for most of the fight but landed some good body shots when he did had Lara cornered or while Lara was trying to rest.

115-113 for Lara on my card but could have went either way but 117-111 for Nelo is disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                      I second this. Lara was moving effectively early and then Canelo adjusted. Once that happened, Lara's movement became ineffective. He went from boxing effectively to running. If he came forward and tried to actually WIN the fight, he gets KO'ed. I feel the same about Manny/Floyd. Floyd felt Manny's power and wanted no part of it. On top of that, I saw Manny's hand speed bothering Floyd as well. He is definitely the faster fighter. People need to learn the three criteria for judging a fight; effective aggressiveness, clean punching, and ring generalship.
                      But thats the thing canelo was the aggressor but wasnt as effective as you say he was. He missed ALOT of the punches he threw, lara would be controlling a round by moving and boxing and hitting canelo with the jab. Then canelo would land 1 good flurry . Thats what it was like for most of the fight, canelo chasing lara and missing , occassionaly landing 1 or 2 good flurries.

Comment

Working...
                      X