No announcement yet.

Arthur Abraham - a look at his career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
    In all seriousness though, Abraham's peak takes me back to when 160-168 was so exciting. I mean even Pantera Miranda was knocking people tf out... Contenders were everywhere and it felt like just about everything (except maybe a Calzaghe fight) was a pick em kinda deal. I hope those divisions come back strong
    MW was very poor at the time. Sylvester was a top 5 mainstay. You had guys like Lorenzo, Asikainen in the Ring top 10

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
      Calzaghe did fight Kessler and Lacy, two dangerous prime fighters.
      Yeah true his best two fights. But there's plenty of names and good fighters for him to fight. All and all he kept the belt hostage and could've done much more in his career and had a much better resume.

Comment

Arthur Abraham did what everyone now expects Golovkin to do. To face strong opponents and move up in weight.
        Do you have a limit for ggg troll threads per day?

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
          Yeah true his best two fights. But there's plenty of names and good fighters for him to fight. All and all he kept the belt hostage and could've done much more in his career and had a much better resume.
          Fighting Bernard Hopkins at his weight, in his country, was a very risky and brave fight to take, too.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
            Do you have a limit for ggg troll threads per day?
            This thread is about Arthur Abraham, let's stop talking about Golovkin at all.

Comment

Fighting Bernard Hopkins at his weight, in his country, was a very risky and brave fight to take, too.
              Years to late and barely pulled it out. It's a constantly debated on fight outcome.

Personally I think he got the dec to set up the jones fight. Cause you know promoters like money lol. But it's whatever just mpo

Comment

This thread is about Arthur Abraham, let's stop talking about Golovkin at all.
                Yea fair enough...you brought him up.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                  Years to late and barely pulled it out. It's a constantly debated on fight outcome.

Personally I think he got the dec to set up the jones fight. Cause you know promoters like money lol. But it's whatever just mpo
                  He did win the fight, but just barely. I wouldn't have minded to call it a draw. But it's never too late to fight Hopkins, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    Yea fair enough...you brought him up.
                    My point in doing it was to shut up the Golovkin fanboy who came to hate on Arthur in my thread. But it doesn't matter.

How do you rate Abraham among the best middleweights ever?

Comment

He did win the fight, but just barely. I wouldn't have minded to call it a draw. But it's never too late to fight Hopkins, bro.
                      okay like I said barely won I don't believe he did a lot of people don't a lot of people do either way it was late. We can go back and fourth all day so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
                      X