No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Open To Whyte II on 4/9, Chisora Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua Open To Whyte II on 4/9, Chisora Possible

Anthony Joshua will seek a rematch with Dillian Whyte as he knows his old amateur rival is among the few opponents who can prepare him for an eventual world title shot.

Joshua added the vacant British heavyweight belt to his Commonwealth crown with a seventh round stoppage at The O2, initially staggering Whyte with a looping right before ending the contest with a savage uppercut off the same hand.

It was the first time the 2012 Olympic champion had been taken beyond three rounds and he took several heavy shots including a big left hook in the second that offered a genuine test of his chin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Whyte 2 would be a delay . He needs to move forward .

Comment

If this guy underwent year round random drug testing with an organisation that actually has decent testing like VADA, he'd either get busted for juicing or would be forced to shrivel back down to 220-225 pounds

Comment

why would he?
        If someone trains under supervision 8-10 times a week and had a dietician to tell them what food to eat, why would he not be in that shape?

some boxers have a lot of visible body fat as they dont train/ eat properly

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
          why would he?
          If someone trains under supervision 8-10 times a week and had a dietician to tell them what food to eat, why would he not be in that shape?

some boxers have a lot of visible body fat as they dont train/ eat properly
          You can train under supervision all you want. A good diet gets you lean, it doesn't add 20-30 pounds of lean muscle. His lean BMI is higher than anything naturally obtainable. Let me know if you want to read some of the studies to back that up.

Comment

Originally posted by alexKO View Post
            You can train under supervision all you want. A good diet gets you lean, it doesn't add 20-30 pounds of lean muscle. His lean BMI is higher than anything naturally obtainable. Let me know if you want to read some of the studies to back that up.
            When did he gain 20-30 Lbs?

Here's what he looked like during the Olympics, can't get much better testing than that of the Olypmic games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
              When did he gain 20-30 Lbs?

Here's what he looked like during the Olympics, can't get much better testing than that of the Olypmic games.

He weighed about 225 in the Olympic Games, turned pro at 228 and his career high is 249.

And yes, Olympic testing is better than in the pros but still far from perfect. The telling sign is his weight gain post-Olympics as described above. Also bear in mind he started off bodybuilding before boxing - someone who had the morals to deal drugs will most likely be prepared to take some casual steds also.

Comment

Anthony Joshua would stop Chisora

Comment

Always chisora who won't give you rounds. He'd beat whyte easier next time.

Comment

I'm not sure Whyte is over his shoulder injury from before the Minto fight 3 months ago. He should probably take some time to deal with it and fine tune things before a rematch. I think 5 months would be to soon although I'd definitely like to see them do it again maybe in a year or 18 months.

Comment

Working...
                    X