No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Helenius vs. Chisora Rematch Possible For The Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    He had a torn shoulder muscle I believe. Maybe you can fight world class opponents with that type injury. Most fighters can't. Dig?
    If you'd read my first post, you'd have seen I was referring to his fight with Sherman Williams. Or was he injured then, too?

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Looks like many here didn't watch the Chisora fight closely. In round 1 or 2, he was clocked and basically ran across the ring in retreat. Maybe that's the punch that caused Helenius' shoulder to go out completely. Injuries happen in boxing. Doesn't mean the guy is shot, or a hype job. If I were a rich guy, I'd take any bet that Helenius KOs Chisora this time. You will see it happen.

You'd also be a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        liakhovich was in decent shape & put up a good fight, peter wasn't totally out of shape & got knocked out by a great left hook(i believe that was the punch)& he was in the fight up until that point. brewster had seen better days but still a good win. the guy has fought better competiton then any other HW(other then oliver mccall)the last several years. look at his resume by 16 fights. he never took the easy route & has one off night after suffering an injury that kept him out for a year & so many here crap all over him like he is a hype job. if he's healthy & fit i have little doubt he will dispose of chisora. i like chisora but i believe he is B level at best but he can make a solid living being the HW gatekeeper & could pull the odd upset on any given night but unfortunately he goes into every fight outgunned.
        Lamont Brewster - as you say had seen better days. He was coming off a period of 5 years and 5 fights with a 2-3 record. Samuel Peter, let's be honest was not in great shape. He also came in with a 4-2 record in his past 6 fights and had just been brutally KO'd by Wladimir. Liakhovic came in with a 2-2 record in past 4 fights which had occurred over the span of 5 years. Hardly challengers - they pretty much all showed up for a payday. The first in shape, real challenger he faced was Chisora who was in great shape that night, a completely different fighter from the one we saw against Fury. I believe, and I don't even particularly follow him, that if he could get into that shape every time he fought, he would be a real challenger once the brothers retire. Tell me anyone of the current HW contenders he wouldn't give a good fight. Exl. Haye & the brothers. I don't think I could name one.

Before the Haye fight, everyone was also raving about Chisora's chin. I believe it was the style of Haye that KO'd Chisora, as opposed to taller, heavier guys, who perhaps have more power, but not the same angles. So he can absorb those shots better.
        Last edited by LacedUp; 01-23-2013, 04:52 AM.

Comment

In my opinion "The Nordic Nightmare" has shown that he is actually little more then "The Nordic Wet Dream."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
            In my opinion "The Nordic Nightmare" has shown that he is actually little more then "The Nordic Wet Dream."
            Haha Lol.....When the hellsinki horror met the Nigerian nightmare the fight was hardly a dream.

Comment

Working...
            X