Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Timothy Bradley Ducking Devon Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you say you want to fight the best then decline an offer from the best , that is DUCKING at it's clearest!

Comment

He isn't ducking Alexander, he said that he is opening other doors for himself (he wants a shot at Floyd or Pac) by moving up to welter. He had the Abregu fight scheduled before Alexander fought Urango, that fell through and the Maidana fight came up, Maidana pulls out and Bradley went back to his plan A.

Now everyone is convinced that Bradley is ducking Alexander. I don't see it, Bradley is not the ducking type. He will beat Abregu, try to get a fight with either May or Pac if negotiations fall through with them again and if not, he will be back to fight Alexander as his plan B. He wants a big payday and Devon doesn't bring that, some welters out there do.

Comment

Although I can reason with Bradley wanting to fight Alexander further down the line as it will be a bigger fight. The thing, is Khan will actually be the bigger pay day.

So Were he too fight Alexander now, Khan will then only be in his way to claiming being no.1. He is fighting his next fight @147, so already he has a eye on moving up.
        No one is going to blame him for avoiding Miadana especially if he was already scheduling to fight him. So effectively he is only two fights away from being number 1 and moving up to 147 where he could have the chance of scoring a fight with May or Pac.

So he should just fight Alexander now..

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
          Remember when Khan said maidana and I both need a couple of fights to make the fight huge? well people took it differently and said he was ducking. Well look bradley is doing the same thing here he wants the fight to get bigger. So does that make bradley a ducker?
          It could be. That said, the fight can wait.... Should it? I don't know. They are arguably the best of the division. There is Khan and Ortiz as well. They should all match up. A tournament would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by blackandmild900 View Post
            lol, fam...anybody he faces will be his biggests payday to date, he's going to get paid more, the more he wins and faces more and more credible opponents...he's not worrying about the biggest paydate to date, he's TRYING TO GET THE BIGGEST PAYDAY POSSIBLE IN HIS WHOLE CAREER EVER
            I see your point man.. many boxers do that but the problem with that type of projection is that if one of them lose before they eventually fight, it would mean that the payday they get would probably be lower rather than higher than what's available now. The fact they're both still undefeated and of such a high status in the division makes me think it's a good time to get it on both for the fans, and for the revenue.

I think they could possibly rematch later on down the line, if they maintain a similar status and maybe move up to 147, for a much bigger payday later. If they fight now it could help boost their star appeal and market value all round, so they'd be in a position to generate much more income after they fight, assuming it turns out to be the classic fight many expect.

Comment

Yep, he is. If Khan had done the same, then there would be blue murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Broffy View Post
                Yep, he is. If Khan had done the same, then there would be blue murder.
                It's quite funny how posters are trying to justify this clear duck. They are failing miserably.

Comment

I don't think he's ducking him or afraid of him, but he respects him (even fight). He has a promoter and a team of advisers that has him making decisions, that they think are good business decisions.

Comment

After really thinking about this, I have to definitely say yes. Sure Bradley could use a beatable opponent for his first HBO appearance to get known to the HBO audience. But just like Alexander's trainer said, Pacquiao or Mayweather are gonna view both Alexander and Bradley as a waste of time unless they fight each other. Khan probably will too. He even admitted it.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      He isn't ducking Alexander, he said that he is opening other doors for himself (he wants a shot at Floyd or Pac) by moving up to welter. He had the Abregu fight scheduled before Alexander fought Urango, that fell through and the Maidana fight came up, Maidana pulls out and Bradley went back to his plan A.

Now everyone is convinced that Bradley is ducking Alexander. I don't see it, Bradley is not the ducking type. He will beat Abregu, try to get a fight with either May or Pac if negotiations fall through with them again and if not, he will be back to fight Alexander as his plan B. He wants a big payday and Devon doesn't bring that, some welters out there do.
                      sorry to Piss on Your Fire but how the hell is a match with Abregu a fight will get him Floyd or Pac after??? He is only deceiving himself If he wanted to fight them he should have fought Alexander or a name Welterweight like Berto Clottey or Cotto to prove himself some more

Comment

Working...
                      X