3.Marco Antonio Barrera
    4.Ricky Hatton
    5.Manny Pacquiao
    6.Erik Morales
    7.Juan Manuel Marquez
    8.Rafael Marquez
    9.Jose Luis Castillo
    10.Zab Judah
    Not for nothing...2005 has to be one of the worst rankings ever.

Comment

Out of all the years thats have been posted there seems to be one constant. I can't put my finger on it. Anyway, I think this post needs some theme music.http://

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Floyd was coming off Fighter of the Year in 1998, he was ranked #7 p4p prior to beating the #5 p4p (Corrales) in dominating fashion. Then capped it off with a 2nd round KO of the division's best contender.
        the fight against corrales was in january of 2001

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
          the fight against corrales was in january of 2001
          You're right. I was thinking of his title winning effort against Hernandez, and then him stopping the division's best contender two months later. Floyd was super impressive when he first burst on to the scene - I thought he was going to finish ahead of Jones, Barrera...all of them. Now? Not so much...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
            His only notable win in '99 was against a faded Genaro.... how did that get him #2 spot over DLH and Trinidad?
            The same reason why Calderon is P4P now. Pure skill!
            Floyd and Shane need to fight this can't wait any longer. Shame on both of them for not making this fight happen already. They both want to play the blame game instead they should just make it happen.

Comment

I could see alot of people only started watching boxing recently, If you cant remember that Mayweather was in the top 3 of the P4P list in 1999 then i feel sorry for your boxing knowledge.
              Last edited by Ray*; 10-26-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post
                I could see alot of people only started watching boxing recently, If you cant remember that Mayweather was in the top 3 of the P4P list in 1999 then i feel sorry for your boxing knowledge.
                Yes. This board is full of novice fans.

Comment

ring mag is total bull****

Comment

Since most of you have only known about mayweather the last couple of years and most of you basically only get to hear how overrated he is and how he doesnt fight anyone, at the time, floyd mayweather was sort of a prodigy of sorts.

One person already started talking about a "faded" hernandez but in reality he was undefeated at that weight in particular, and was a seasoned champ at that point. Mayweather was basically thought of as being rushed into that fight and it could potentially ruin him because many thought he wasnt ready.

it wasnt just the fact that he won but the way he won. Mayweather basically started taking all comers with just 2 years under his belt.

Think about the most recent pros we have had, or the ones at the top now, how many of them can say within 2-3 years within starting their careers, they have had a legit title run in dominant fashion?

thats why mayweather was ranked number 2 at that time because his run was amazing considering how young he was.

Anyone who wasnt taking the sport serious at that time isnt going to know about all that because he didint get the attention at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                      Since most of you have only known about mayweather the last couple of years and most of you basically only get to hear how overrated he is and how he doesnt fight anyone, at the time, floyd mayweather was sort of a prodigy of sorts.

One person already started talking about a "faded" hernandez but in reality he was undefeated at that weight in particular, and was a seasoned champ at that point. Mayweather was basically thought of as being rushed into that fight and it could potentially ruin him because many thought he wasnt ready.

it wasnt just the fact that he won but the way he won. Mayweather basically started taking all comers with just 2 years under his belt.

Think about the most recent pros we have had, or the ones at the top now, how many of them can say within 2-3 years within starting their careers, they have had a legit title run in dominant fashion?

thats why mayweather was ranked number 2 at that time because his run was amazing considering how young he was.

Anyone who wasnt taking the sport serious at that time isnt going to know about all that because he didint get the attention at that time.
                      Ganero faught a really strong LW in DLH. DLH was ripping him apart with uppercuts, no shame in losing to Oscar and that was his only defeat when he went on to face Mayweather. I never understood how he was faded when the guy was 32.

Comment

Working...
                      X