No announcement yet.

Joe Rogan on Roy Jones, Gerald McClellan, and Steroids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
    I was not aware that Gerald dropped weight to make 168. It was his first fight moving up to 168, I don't see how he couldn't make 168 if he was making 160 before that.

I'm not sure if Rogan is right on that note.
    gerald made some of the biggest cuts in MW title history when he was at 160. for gilbert baptist he cut 16lbs in 2 weeks. keep in mind he wasnt one of these fat guys who are just out of shape, he was already lean and in shape at 176 and then had to remove 16lbs of water weight to make MW.

at 168 he obviously had an easier cut, or at least should have. by the time gerald moved up he didnt have a corner, he had left steward because he wanted to run his own show and he did just that. the guys he had around him were complete clowns who did nothing for him but carry his spit bucket and collect a pay day. literally..

gerald ran his own camp, made his own strategy and even wrapped his own hands. problem was gerald was no trainer and he had become extremely arrogant by this time in his career. he wasnt in proper shape when he began his cut, he wasnt anywhere near acceptable let alone perfect condition. on top of that he didnt have anyone to monitor his cut and overshot the mark by 3lbs. again, this isnt a case of coming in low because you are in shape or made the weight easily. its because he had an incompetent corner and everything around him was chaos and disarray.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      gerald made some of the biggest cuts in MW title history when he was at 160. for gilbert baptist he cut 16lbs in 2 weeks. keep in mind he wasnt one of these fat guys who are just out of shape, he was already lean and in shape at 176 and then had to remove 16lbs of water weight to make MW.

at 168 he obviously had an easier cut, or at least should have. by the time gerald moved up he didnt have a corner, he had left steward because he wanted to run his own show and he did just that. the guys he had around him were complete clowns who did nothing for him but carry his spit bucket and collect a pay day. literally..

gerald ran his own camp, made his own strategy and even wrapped his own hands. problem was gerald was no trainer and he had become extremely arrogant by this time in his career. he wasnt in proper shape when he began his cut, he wasnt anywhere near acceptable let alone perfect condition. on top of that he didnt have anyone to monitor his cut and overshot the mark by 3lbs. again, this isnt a case of coming in low because you are in shape or made the weight easily. its because he had an incompetent corner and everything around him was chaos and disarray.
      And the sad part is he made his forray into 168 taking on a monster like Benn. GM was largely untested at 168 before that other than taking on some stiffs

Comment

Originally posted by VicariousVice View Post
        Rogan is a good dude. And funny too. I don't care what anyone says about his comedy, he's made me laugh. I actually enjoy his podcasts way more and try to watch any of them that has someone interesting on there.
        Yet I was attacked in the mma section for defending the man...lol oh the irony. Joe knows his **** and is a cool dude, smart too.

Comment

Working...
        X