Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys must understand none of these fighters will work with Bob Arum/Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I missing? Are these fighters as rich as Dela Hoya already, and can refuse fights because Haymon says no? We know for a fact that DLH is a rich guy. Two to three fights a year will still keep his company afloat. Even if that is not the case, DLH will still be fine.

Is this an adult discussion or for seven-year olds? Show me how these fighters benefit for refusing to fight because of promotional differences.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
      What am I missing? Are these fighters as rich as Dela Hoya already, and can refuse fights because Haymon says no? We know for a fact that DLH is a rich guy. Two to three fights a year will still keep his company afloat. Even if that is not the case, DLH will still be fine.

Is this an adult discussion or for seven-year olds? Show me how these fighters benefit for refusing to fight because of promotional differences.
      If AB is signed with GBP and Haymon and then goes off and fights Pacquiao for TR. GBP will sue him and his family for everything he has. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by rws25 View Post
        Haymon advises his clients to sign on a fight by fight basis with promoters (IE GBP) for leverage. Thats a fact. A few may have promotion contracts they signed prior to being advised by Haymon but the majority dont. Tell me the last time anyone on that list fought someone at TR?
        Gbp promotions has a lot of these guys signed but there are some that were strictly haymon but on gbp under cards..

Gbp and tr haven't been doing business together but that's got nothing to do with Harmon.. Isn't Russell fighting lomochenko, didn't Lara fight vanes.. Didn't gbp and tr put on tons of big fights from 06-09 when al haymon was working with gbp....
        Take a step back and realize that if relations between gbp and tr improve, their will be a lot of fights made between the 2... Al haymon is in charge of making his guys the most money, and if that means fighting tr guys, then so be it.. Money talks BS walks

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
          Vernon Forrest is dead
          He certainly won't be working with Bob Arum then.

Comment

Screw Bob Arum. Golden Boy doesn't need Top Rank , it's the other way around!

all TR has to offer is Manny Pacquiao , Juan Manuel Marquez , Timothy Bradley and Ruslan.

Oscar is just doing all this **** because he feels betrayed by Richard , Al and em. They all need to sit down and work out their differences. Let Arum and RT die out with all their rematches and **** undercards or bend over to GBP's will.

Comment

Originally posted by rws25 View Post
              If AB is signed with GBP and Haymon and then goes off and fights Pacquiao for TR. GBP will sue him and his family for everything he has. Simple as that.
              No one is saying AB or any other fighter is leaving to Top Rank. But a promoter or "advisor" work for the fighter, not the other way around. If Arum sends and offer that are willing to work with Golden Boy and Shaefer or Haymon decide not to play ball against the wishes of the fighter then Broner can sue for a breach of contract as well.
              This in house fight nonsence only benefits the promoter, who don't have to split the profits or potential PPV upside. Outside of Mayweather these Haymon fighters are leaving potential huge paydays on the table by only fighting these showcase fights other than fighting the top guys in their division regardless of promotional affiliation. Its why I hope my boy Canelo does like Cotto and becomes a free agent in the near future, why limit your options when you have wide appeal and are in the prime of your career?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                copy n paste thread
                BS thread, that totally ignores reality ....... ()

Comment

Working...
                X