• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by piggy'sSqueal View Post
    no. its similar to your username. switch the letters, and stuff
    Phannie Mesh?

Comment

• Here is a criticism and debunking of this conspiracy theory by one of it's own...Gregory Urich...a member of AE911Truth...who demonstrates this video is fundamentally unsound and flawed. Richard Gage is the architect who founded Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth in 2006.

http://www.cool-places.0catch.com/91...ichardGage.pdf

An open letter to Richard Gage and AE911Truth

Dear Mr. Gage and members of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth,

I am a member of AE911Truth (pending verification) and Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice. I have also contributed articles to the Journal of 9/11 Studies. While I appreciate the work you and others are doing to examine the events of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, I am concerned that many arguments put forth are incorrect. Please don’t mistake me for a NIST apologist or an official cover-up story believer. The truth movement needs to be very sure of its claims to avoid being dismissed as ignorant fools, nut-jobs or politically motivated manipulators. Justice is clearly dependent on the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Because of the large number of fallacious claims purveyed by various groups within the movement, my approach has been and will continue to be to examine claims on both sides of the argument and take them at their own merit. I hope others will embrace this approach so that the truth movement can live up to its basic values and achieve its well meaning goals.

There are clearly problems with the official story and these are well covered by truth movement. However, after spending many 100s of hours examining and discussing evidence, analyses and claims
      on both sides of the argument, I have found that a large portion of the truth movement’s claims are unsubstantiated or incorrect. These need to be corrected. With this in mind, I have looked at the
      AE911Truth claims given below and I offer criticism where I feel it can be helpful.

From AE911Truth with my comments interspersed:

”As seen in this revealing photo the Twin Towers' destruction exhibited all the characteristics of destruction by explosions: (and some non-standard characteristics)

1. Extremely rapid onset of “collapse”

The validity of this claim rests on the definition of “extremely rapid”. NIST provides
      evidence of growing instability 10 min prior to collapse including smoke expulsions
      from partial floor collapses and bowing of the exterior wall on the south side of WTC1.

2. Sounds of explosions and flashes of light witnessed near the beginning of the "collapse" by
      over 100 first responders

Surely, there were explosive sounds and flashes of light as there are too many
      witnesses to deny this. Nonetheless, the only videos of the collapses with sound do
      not have any explosive sounds. In the following video, one can hear people talking and
      the sound of the collapse. In videos of actual demolitions the explosive charges are at
      least ten times louder than collapse sounds. Compare:

http://www.911research.com/wtc/evide...outh_below.mpg

to these actual demolitions:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79sJ1bMR6VQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XG-l...eature=related
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwMkJmnyDuQ

This evidence directly contradicts the controlled demolition theory, at least by conventional
      means. Nonetheless, the witness testimonies should be taken seriously. It is possible that
      people heard or saw something else, for example, reflections of lights from emergency
      vehicles or cars exploding.

3. Squibs, or “mistimed” explosions, 40 floors below the “collapsing” building seen in all the
      videos

This argument would only favor controlled demolition if the pressures inside the
      building in a gravitational collapse are not sufficient or cannot propagate fast enough
      to cause the observed phenomena. To my knowledge, this has not been
      demonstrated.

4. Mid-air pulverization of all the 90,000 tons of concrete and steel decking, filing cabinets &
      1000 people – mostly to dust

This claim is not correct and in no way favors controlled demolition over gravitational
      collapse. Engineers at Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice (STJ911), including Greg
      Jenkins, Tony Szamboti and Gregory Urich, have demonstrated that the upper bound
      for concrete pulverized to dust was 15%. We have also calculated that the amount of
      dust attributable to easily crushed materials like gypsum and SFRM (thermal
      insulation) was equivalent to 5 lbs per square foot over an area of 200 acres. We have
      also calculated that no extra energy source would be needed to create this amount of
      dust. The pressures approached 100,000 psi late in the collapse. How could these
      pressures not result in humans and other materials being crushed to dust?

5. Massive volume of expanding pyroclastic dust clouds

Is the cloud really pyroclastic, or is it just dust? Engineers at STJ911 have calculated
      that 15% of the concrete together with fireproofing and gypsum would result in
      massive volumes amounting to 10 lbs of dust per square foot over an area of 200
      acres. Engineers at STJ911 have calculated that the air being expelled from the
      collapsing building was approaching velocities of 200 m/s. This is the primary engine
      driving the expanding dust clouds. The dust cloud was given even more energy from
      debris falling outside the perimeter.

Comment

• 6. Vertical progression of full building perimeter demolition waves

This is only one interpretation of the visual records of the collapses. Another
        interpretation is that the pressures due to impacts were blowing out the windows. The
        characterization as “demolition waves” has no support in the evidence or scientific
        analyses to date.
        7. Symmetrical collapse – through the path of greatest resistance – at nearly free-fall speed —
        the columns gave no resistance

This is simply incorrect. Neither collapse was symmetrical. In WTC2, most debris falling
        outside the footprint went east and south. In WTC1, most debris falling outside the
        footprint went north and west. Engineers at STJ911 have calculated that the structure
        provided resistance to the extent that 40-60% of the original PE was dissipated prior to
        debris impact at the foundation.

8. 1,400 foot diameter field of equally distributed debris – outside of building footprint

This claim in no way favors CD over gravitational collapse. The size of the debris field is
        not surprising considering that the exteriors peeled outward (see also #10). The debris
        was not equally distributed.

9. Blast waves blew out windows in buildings 400 feet away

The characterization of blast waves is not supported. Since most of the broken
        windows were broken lower down on the surrounding buildings, the most likely cause
        was winds caused by the expulsion of air from the building as described in #5. The
        winds described above would certainly be capable of blowing in windows.

10. Lateral ejection of thousands of individual 20 - 50 ton steel beams up to 500 feet

Close inspection of some of the videos reveal that most exterior columns fell still
        connected as the exterior peeled outward. Since the exterior was 1400 ft. high it is not
        surprising that they reached 500 ft. away. In fact, there exist photos of the nearly
        intact exterior stretching all the way from WTC1 to the World Financial Center.

11. Total destruction of the building down to individual structural steel elements – obliterating
        the steel core structure.

It has not been demonstrated that this is uncharacteristic of a gravitational collapse
        that initiates high up in a 110 floor, high rise, tube/core structure building. Since the
        world has never seen such a collapse prior to or after 9/11, there are no empirical
        results to compare to. Often, the collapses are compared to gravitation collapses due
        to earthquakes resulting in pan-caking or toppling. These comparisons are not relevant
        to the Twin Towers because the initiation of the collapses is low in the building due to
        lateral forces. Nonetheless, it has been demonstrated that there was plenty of
        potential energy to enable buckling of all columns at every floor. In reality, the core
        columns broke mostly at the welded connections every 36 ft, which takes even less
        energy.

12. Tons of molten Metal found by FDNY under all 3 high-rises (What could have produced all
        of that molten metal?)

Does any evidence for “tons of molten metal” exist? What metals comprise this
        molten metal? This author is only aware of witness statements regarding molten
        metal and only small pieces of previously molten metal. Can molten metal observed in
        the pile weeks after the collapse be attributed to a thermate attack weeks before? The
        fires in the pile would not be hot enough to ignite any unburned thermate and any
        thermate burning in the pile would give off a characteristic bright white light, which was not observed. If there is in fact evidence of tons (i.e. more than one ton), this is a
        reasonable issue to investigate. Until this claim is supported by evidence, it cannot be
        considered indicative of a thermate attack.

13. Chemical signature of Thermate (high tech incendiary) found in slag, solidified molten
        metal, and dust samples by Physics professor Steven Jones, PhD.

I believe that this is a valid issue which should be pursued by independent researchers
        and NIST alike. However, there may be alternative explanations other than a
        preplanned demolition and these should receive at least as much attention.

14. FEMA finds rapid oxidation and inter-granular melting on structural steel samples

I believe that this is a valid issue which should be pursued by independent researchers
        and NIST alike. However, there may be alternative explanations other than a
        preplanned demolition and these should receive at least as much attention.

15. More than 1000 Bodies are unaccounted for — 700 tiny bone fragments found on top of
        nearby buildings”

This does not favor the CD hypothesis over the gravitational collapse hypothesis. See
        #4.

And exhibited none of the characteristics of destruction by fire, i.e.

1. Slow onset with large visible deformations.

See #1 above.

2. Asymmetrical collapse which follows the path of least resistance (laws of conservation of
        momentum would cause a falling, intact, from the point of plane impact, to the side most damaged
        by the fires).

Has any rigorous analysis of the “path of least resistance” been done? An application of the
        principle of least action would probably be more appropriate. Mechanical dynamics are
        governed by inertia, force, momentum and material properties. This author has seen no
        dynamic analyses showing that the top parts of the towers should have fallen off. Unless this
        argument is supported by careful analysis it is only conjecture.

3. Evidence of fire temperatures capable of softening steel.

It is well proven that temperatures in building fires can soften steel. This is why buildings have thermal insulation applied to the steel structural components.

4. High-rise buildings with much larger, hotter, and longer lasting fires have never “collapsed”.

These buildings were not structurally damaged to begin with and had different structural
        designs than the Twin Towers. It would be meaningful to examine whether or not the
        buildings, which survived serious fires, had concrete cores or not. Does any evidence exist
        that buildings with similar structural design, damaged in the manner of the world trade
        center, should not collapse due to fires?

My conclusion is that there is no claim favoring the controlled demolition hypothesis over NIST’s
        impact/fire/gravitational collapse hypothesis. Most important, there are no tell-tale sharp cracking
        sounds in the sound video given above and there is no comparison between the sounds in that video
        and the sounds in videos actual demolitions. This means we can rule out demolition using
        conventional means.

I hope that your commitment to the truth is such that you take my criticisms seriously. If the truth movement is going to be successful, we will need to distance ourselves from fallacious claims and avoid conjecture. I would welcome constructive discussion of these issues in any forum. I am regularly available on the STJ911 and JREF forums, and you have my e-mail address.

Sincerely,

Gregory Urich

P.S. Some wordings have been changed for clarity and small errors have been corrected in this
        published version.
        Last edited by jaded; 11-03-2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• ^^^Ouch.^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
            Had a feeling English was not your 1st language...that's OK...are you of Iranian heritage?
            What was wrong with my English?

You do understand that written English is different from the spoken variety?

Comment

That doesn't mean he could not be of Iranian heritage.
              I'm not. (...)

Comment

Lebanon's Hezbollah are Iran's terrorist proxy.

This is the typical propaganda thread of a keyboard Jihadist.
                My Great Grandfather was from Lebanon. I still have some affinity for Lebanon, partly because I have relatives there, but I am Oregonian through and through.

Comment

Here is a criticism and debunking of this conspiracy theory by one of it's own...Gregory Urich...a member of AE911Truth...who demonstrates this video is fundamentally unsound and flawed. Richard Gage is the architect who founded Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth in 2006.

http://www.cool-places.0catch.com/91...ichardGage.pdf

An open letter to Richard Gage and AE911Truth

Dear Mr. Gage and members of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth,

I am a member of AE911Truth (pending verification) and Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice. I have also contributed articles to the Journal of 9/11 Studies. While I appreciate the work you and others are doing to examine the events of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, I am concerned that many arguments put forth are incorrect. Please don’t mistake me for a NIST apologist or an official cover-up story believer. The truth movement needs to be very sure of its claims to avoid being dismissed as ignorant fools, nut-jobs or politically motivated manipulators. Justice is clearly dependent on the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Because of the large number of fallacious claims purveyed by various groups within the movement, my approach has been and will continue to be to examine claims on both sides of the argument and take them at their own merit. I hope others will embrace this approach so that the truth movement can live up to its basic values and achieve its well meaning goals.

There are clearly problems with the official story and these are well covered by truth movement. However, after spending many 100s of hours examining and discussing evidence, analyses and claims
                  on both sides of the argument, I have found that a large portion of the truth movement’s claims are unsubstantiated or incorrect. These need to be corrected. With this in mind, I have looked at the
                  AE911Truth claims given below and I offer criticism where I feel it can be helpful.

From AE911Truth with my comments interspersed:

”As seen in this revealing photo the Twin Towers' destruction exhibited all the characteristics of destruction by explosions: (and some non-standard characteristics)

1. Extremely rapid onset of “collapse”

The validity of this claim rests on the definition of “extremely rapid”. NIST provides
                  evidence of growing instability 10 min prior to collapse including smoke expulsions
                  from partial floor collapses and bowing of the exterior wall on the south side of WTC1.

2. Sounds of explosions and flashes of light witnessed near the beginning of the "collapse" by
                  over 100 first responders

Surely, there were explosive sounds and flashes of light as there are too many
                  witnesses to deny this. Nonetheless, the only videos of the collapses with sound do
                  not have any explosive sounds. In the following video, one can hear people talking and
                  the sound of the collapse. In videos of actual demolitions the explosive charges are at
                  least ten times louder than collapse sounds. Compare:

http://www.911research.com/wtc/evide...outh_below.mpg

to these actual demolitions:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79sJ1bMR6VQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XG-l...eature=related
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwMkJmnyDuQ

This evidence directly contradicts the controlled demolition theory, at least by conventional
                  means. Nonetheless, the witness testimonies should be taken seriously. It is possible that
                  people heard or saw something else, for example, reflections of lights from emergency
                  vehicles or cars exploding.

3. Squibs, or “mistimed” explosions, 40 floors below the “collapsing” building seen in all the
                  videos

This argument would only favor controlled demolition if the pressures inside the
                  building in a gravitational collapse are not sufficient or cannot propagate fast enough
                  to cause the observed phenomena. To my knowledge, this has not been
                  demonstrated.

4. Mid-air pulverization of all the 90,000 tons of concrete and steel decking, filing cabinets &
                  1000 people – mostly to dust

This claim is not correct and in no way favors controlled demolition over gravitational
                  collapse. Engineers at Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice (STJ911), including Greg
                  Jenkins, Tony Szamboti and Gregory Urich, have demonstrated that the upper bound
                  for concrete pulverized to dust was 15%. We have also calculated that the amount of
                  dust attributable to easily crushed materials like gypsum and SFRM (thermal
                  insulation) was equivalent to 5 lbs per square foot over an area of 200 acres. We have
                  also calculated that no extra energy source would be needed to create this amount of
                  dust. The pressures approached 100,000 psi late in the collapse. How could these
                  pressures not result in humans and other materials being crushed to dust?

5. Massive volume of expanding pyroclastic dust clouds

Is the cloud really pyroclastic, or is it just dust? Engineers at STJ911 have calculated
                  that 15% of the concrete together with fireproofing and gypsum would result in
                  massive volumes amounting to 10 lbs of dust per square foot over an area of 200
                  acres. Engineers at STJ911 have calculated that the air being expelled from the
                  collapsing building was approaching velocities of 200 m/s. This is the primary engine
                  driving the expanding dust clouds. The dust cloud was given even more energy from
                  debris falling outside the perimeter.
                  Very interesting post, and I appreciate the contribution. The discussion provided by Gregory Urich here is precisely the sort of discussion that needs to be had.

Comment

Working...
                  X