5 keys to defeating Floyd Mayweather: A 17 year study

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easier said than done !

Comment

The way to beat Cherrypicker is for you to be an elite level boxer who actually gets to fight him when your still in your prime

Comment

Originally posted by $0uthpaw View Post
        Easier said than done !
        agreed

the typical: throw the jab and apply lots of pressure sure as hell hasnt been working, I guess people havent noticed this...people bring up the first Castillo fight where he was injured fail to mention he was not yet in his prime or how he thoroughly dominated the rematch...I think had he stayed there longer 140 would have been the best weight class for him and seeing that he combined his offence, defense, counterpunching, COMBINATIONS and still had power thats where he topped out IMO...Mayweather was in his prime from 2005-2007 and was not the master he is today or then.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
          The way to beat Cherrypicker is for you to be an elite level boxer who actually gets to fight him when your still in your prime
          Guess you never heard of Ricky Hatton, Jose Luis Castillo, or Diego Corrales...all elite and won lineal titles and got dominated by Mayweather. Castillo held him close the first time around but got outclassed the 2nd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            Guess you never heard of Ricky Hatton, Jose Luis Castillo, or Diego Corrales...all elite and won lineal titles and got dominated by Mayweather. Castillo held him close the first time around but got outclassed the 2nd fight.
            Thats part of the problem...Floyd thoroughly DOMINATED Castillo in the rematch, meaning he figured that style out and you guys keep trying to throw fighters in with Floyd that fight that same style, when he's mastered fighting people like that, thats why he dominates people with that pressure style, he's seen it and it doesnt faze him. In alot of you guys hatred for Floyd you overlook just how much superior his boxing acumen is and that he's probably the hardest working boxer in the biz, he doesnt smoke nor drink and he stays in shape! Its your own hate that blinds you. And you guys arent hoping for a better boxer youre praying for a lucky punch. Id rather someone who we can say is honestly a better BOXER that will take the sport further, not Buster Douglas type of fighter.

Comment

Then why don't you contact GBP and share this "Guide to beating Floyd" with Team Canelo? You fruit cake...

Comment

Like Floyd said"it looks easy on tv"

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
                  Thats part of the problem...Floyd thoroughly DOMINATED Castillo in the rematch, meaning he figured that style out and you guys keep trying to throw fighters in with Floyd that fight that same style, when he's mastered fighting people like that, thats why he dominates people with that pressure style, he's seen it and it doesnt faze him. In alot of you guys hatred for Floyd you overlook just how much superior his boxing acumen is and that he's probably the hardest working boxer in the biz, he doesnt smoke nor drink and he stays in shape! Its your own hate that blinds you. And you guys arent hoping for a better boxer youre praying for a lucky punch. Id rather someone who we can say is honestly a better BOXER that will take the sport further, not Buster Douglas type of fighter.
                  ...AGREED ABOUT THE LAST SENTENCE, STRAIGHT UP

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    I have been watching boxing on the regular for as long as I can remember...Im 28 born in 1985 and remember watching fights on USA, CBS, NBC and exam the sport as closely as avid NBA and NFL fans. All fighters have weaknesses and through my experiences as a novice trainer, a former amatuer boxer, and a hard core boxing fan I have noticed for years that the few mistakes Mayweather makes no one capitalizes enough to actually defeat him.

Mayweather is one of those guys so gifted that in order for him to legitimately loose, no DQ or BS like that he will have to get KTFO like Roy Jones did.

1) Stick the jab with variety...Throw one jab at a time and not bringing it back fast enough makes you a sucker for the pull counter and a parried jab/straight right counter. Changing the speed, and angle of the the jab will make him think and keep him on his toes

2) Punch with him...when he throws rights to the head and body he sticks his chin out.....When a FIGHTER is the faster fighter his opponents often wait til he is done throwing and lose the opportunity to catch him because of his speed, reflexes and defenses. every fighter is vulnerable to being hit when throwing their own punches.

3) When Floyd throws his right hand to the body and to the head he sticks his chin and head up....Zab Judah dropped him unoffically with a counter right hook...Also Corley, Castillo, and others capitalized when he lift his chin when he throws his right hand shots....COUNTER HIS RIGHT TO THE BODY WITH A RIGHT UPPERCUT OR LEFT HOOK TO THE HEAD OR BODY IF ORTHODOX FIGHTER

3) Fighting one style wont do it...variety...although he is known as a pure boxer in most fights he utilizes several styles...i would advise my fighter do the same thing and figure out which area he has an advantage whether the inside, outside, mid range, counter punching or brawling.....dont depend on this advantage because Mayweather is one of the most adaptable fighters ever and repitition doing the same thing, will have your guy figured out in 3 rounds or less.

4) Take away his jab and counter to the body....Jab with him, counter him whether to the head or body...the is gonna land some but its better than getting hit with power shots....taking away the jab disrrupts any fighters rhythm and he would depend on lead rights and left hooks which are easier to counter than the jab

5) Mix the attack to the head and the body..."Like I said Before..." pun intended Floyd is quick minded, variety is key to the attack....dont stick to one combo or one counter he will figure it out and counter you

All fails hope for that once in a lifetime punch cause winning a 12 round decision I dont see that happening unless he declines at a faster rate or his body breaks down
                    Heres the problem trainers today don't teach slipping of punches If you had anyone doesn't matter if they fought Floyd at 130 or 154 if they slip punches like Iron Mike did from 85 to 89 only this person would have knock Floyd out. By the way Castillo already beat him only true boxing fans will admit this Floydiots won't though

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      Heres the problem trainers today don't teach slipping of punches If you had anyone doesn't matter if they fought Floyd at 130 or 154 if they slip punches like Iron Mike did from 85 to 89 only this person would have knock Floyd out. By the way Castillo already beat him only true boxing fans will admit this Floydiots won't though
                      there are lots of non-floyd fanatics who think he won both castillo fights

the first fight was close, but I had Floyd winning that fight and I'm by no means a floyd nuthugger like those who post on NSB, check my post history

/shrug

Comment

Working...
                      X