Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Ajose be in the 140 lb mix if he beats Lundy Friday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Ajose be in the 140 lb mix if he beats Lundy Friday?

I would think so. Lundy is sorta like a chisora guy, will make it a decent fight and help bump up a guy. Anyone who fights like a man and puts on a good fight with The Machine deserves props, and besides the matthysse loss he is undefeated. After Lundy, assuming he wins, I'd like to see him fight Garcia if he looses to Khan, Lamont Peterson, maybe Alvarado etc.

What you guys think?
    Yes
    87.50%
    No
    0.00%
    Gatekeeper type guy
    12.50%

Lundy has no buzz behind him and he's coming off two losses. If Ajose wins, he'll still be 1-2 fights away from a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
      I would think so. Lundy is sorta like a chisora guy, will make it a decent fight and help bump up a guy. Anyone who fights like a man and puts on a good fight with The Machine deserves props, and besides the matthysse loss he is undefeated. After Lundy, assuming he wins, I'd like to see him fight Garcia if he looses to Khan, Lamont Peterson, maybe Alvarado etc.

What you guys think?
      I agree. This is a good fight for him to get back on the scene after the Matthysse loss. The only problem is that it will be very hard for him to get a shot at the title. He didn't even get one when he was mandatory for a long time. A fight with Peterson may be feasible but I suspect he would have to build himself up with a few more fights. I can see him fighting Ruslan at 140 next and then maybe a title shot or bigger name fighter.

Comment

Yes he puts himself in a very good position to advance towards a title but he'll need a fight or 2. I'd like to see him fight Judah after hopefully beating Lundy to see where he really stands

Comment

If he destroys him, a win just puts him back in the W column

Comment

He will beat Lundy.....he'll bust him up

Comment

Ajose is good. Would like to see him get a shot at the big dogs.

Comment

both are good boxers .. one aint got pop, the other aint got chin ...pickin lundy...

Comment

Ajose would give anybody trouble. Problem is no star will fight him. High risk, low return. Matthysse almost punched himself out against this guy.

Comment

I think he should be in the mix his only loss is a good performance against Matthysse but I dont see him getting to many chances @ the title because Dibella is his promoter. He needs to take care of business first with Lundy b4 he looks ahead.

Comment

Working...
                    X