No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson Would Rematch Andre Ward But Only at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Ironically, Canelo called Mayweather out at 150, much like Dawson called Ward out at 168. People don't wanna hear Dawson's "excuses", yet they are already making excuses for Canelo's inevitable defeat. Many of those same people massaging Ward's balls are blasting Mayweather, even though Floyd is doing a catchweight above where Canelo originally called him out, where Andre wouldn't. Smells like a double standard to me.
    Thats this forum its full of double standards where Floyd is concerned , this thing with Chad is the same as Cotto Manny in as much as imagine if Ward called out Dawson for a rematch and Dawson said ok but no CW and Ward went off and fought a MW , Ward would catch a lot of heat , now the other side of this is Chad called out Ward and accepted the CW and got beat , all fair play but there is no denying that Chad was effected badly by the CW , its not Wards fault but it takes the gloss of the win .

Comment

Weight clearly drained him, no doubt but to be fair....Ward figured out Dawson style after round 1, adjusted brilliantly....saying that it'll be a competitive fight at 175.

But Dawson & his team did try to negotiate a catch weight but Wards team didn't budge & like Dawson said...he took a risk & rolled the dice.

Comment

zKevin Iole – 2 hours 45 minutes ago...

Chad Dawson is one of the most enigmatic fighters in boxing. He's a brilliant talent, but has never really hit it big because he often shoots himself in the foot.
        Only days prior to a defense of his WBC light heavyweight title against Adonis Stevenson in Montreal, Dawson made a rather bizarre comment on BoxingScene Radio in which he said his loss to Andre Ward in September was some sort of conspiracy led by HBO.
        Dawson dropped to 168 to meet Ward in a heavily hyped champion-versus-champion bout at Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif. Ward unexpectedly dominated and stopped Dawson in the 10th round of a one-sided fight.
        But during an appearance with BoxingScene Radio earlier this week, Dawson said he'd been set up by HBO.
        "My honest opinion is it was definitely a set up by HBO and other people, too. It was set up for me to come in at 168. I would be vulnerable and they could expose it and he would look good at the same time. That's just my opinion on the whole situation. We could've done it at a catch weight where we both would've been comfortable but they wanted it at 168."
        That, though, flies against reality. Dawson's trainer at the time, John Scully, said it was Dawson himself who brought up the idea of fighting Ward at 168 pounds. After Dawson's rematch victory over Bernard Hopkins on April 28, 2012, Dawson asked for the fight with Ward during an interview with HBO's Max Kellerman.

Comment

I'm definitely down to see how much better Chad looks at 175. The weight was clearly a factor...Ward doesn't drop people for fun naturally

Comment

Did they also forge Dawson's signature on the contract and make his say he can make the weight easy?

Comment

That’s gangsta! Maybe Canelo vs Bivol 2 on the horizon!

Comment

Working...
              X