No announcement yet.

Ice skating to improve footwork.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice skating to improve footwork.

Would it be a good idea to ice skate during the winter to improve one's footwork?

Not sure about footwork, but is is quite dangerous for knees and ankles

Comment

Not sure how it would benefit footwork. But I never skated. If you want to, go for it. But I think you could take the time you'd spend ice skating and work on your footwork in the gym or at home or wherever, and it'd benefit your footwork more than ice skating.

Skaters usually have pretty solid calves, so for strengthening your legs I think it'd be beneficial. But I believe to improve footwork, the best thing to do is work on footwork.

Comment

So would you be ice skating and doing some shadow boxing or padwork? Might help with balance but i'd think your better off doing it in the gym.

Comment

Unless you're training to be a hockey goon this seems pointless. Why not just get inside a gym and train boxing specific footwork?

Comment

Ice skating would make your legs stronger for lateral movement but will not help your footwork...........Rockin'

Comment

U CAN ICE SKATE, U CAN DO BALLET OR EVEN TAP DANCING, but really what u need is a good coach to make u work in circles squares or star shaped spaces on the floor.

a good technique i saw from an aba england coach was using the training ladders they have in association football (soccer). you step in and out using a jab and move up and down the training ladder, a bit like how footballers to agility training by hot stepping in and out except with a boxing stance and a jab. try this at home!

Comment

U CAN ICE SKATE, U CAN DO BALLET OR EVEN TAP DANCING, but really what u need is a good coach to make u work in circles squares or star shaped spaces on the floor.

a good technique i saw from an aba england coach was using the training ladders they have in association football (soccer). you step in and out using a jab and move up and down the training ladder, a bit like how footballers do agility training by hot stepping in and out except with a boxing stance and a jab. try this at home!

Comment

Working...
                X