No announcement yet.

Roach's 142 proposal......***** move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    JMM III would bring more money than a Cotto fight.
    Not in a million Years Buddy!!!!!!!!

WTF are you talking about?

Are you trying to tell me that JMM is a bigger draw than Cotto?

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
      Yes, I'm not a fan of catchweights. There are divisions for a reason.
      The divisions are for blanket convenience only and not ment to handicap a bigger guy over one at the bottom weight of a division , modern athletes are more fine tuned today whats wrong with making a match as fair as possible to both , when the great champs go head to head its a match race and they carry the same weight ,, nothing wrong with catchweights at this elite level when its obvious there is quite a size difference in the fighters in question , Floyd and Manny are not true welters by at least 8 lbs and thats alot to give an elite fighter thats on his game .

Comment

if Cotto was recognized as WW#1.......no way JMM -PAC 3 earns more money than cotto..............unless JMM miraculously win against PBF............imo

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
          When did he say he wants the WW fighters? They said they want him. LOL
          http://www.topix.com/world/puerto-ri...ws-tv-19-04-09

Theres one example, shall I provide another?

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            JMM III would bring more money than a Cotto fight.
            I agree. Thats a fight I'd like to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              Not in a million Years Buddy!!!!!!!!

WTF are you talking about?

Are you trying to tell me that JMM is a bigger draw than Cotto?
              Do you think it is fair for manny to face a guy that could be potentially 160lbs+ on fight night? Yes or No

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
                The divisions are for blanket convenience only and not ment to handicap a bigger guy over one at the bottom weight of a division , modern athletes are more fine tuned today whats wrong with making a match as fair as possible to both , when the great champs go head to head its a match race and they carry the same weight ,, nothing wrong with catchweights at this elite level when its obvious there is quite a size difference in the fighters in question , Floyd and Manny are not true welters by at least 8 lbs and thats alot to give an elite fighter thats on his game .
                There are divisions for a reason, and its not to keep the fighters warm.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  Do you think it is fair for manny to face a guy that could be potentially 160lbs+ on fight night? Yes or No
                  Thus will be My Answer to you. Cotto has never weighted 160 for any fight.

He already Fought a Guy who weight 153 at Fight night(Hatton) And he fought already at WW and did good.

Cotto Ave Fight night Weight is 155!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now tryng to get people to unhealthy weight is fair?????????

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post

Didnt he do that with Oscar?.......just saying..................or do you think Roach has preconcieved knowledge?.............

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
                      So what you're saying is: Floyd makes 140 with ease. I guess there shouldn't be a problem fighting JMM and Pac there then?

Comment

Working...
                      X