No announcement yet.

How Much Do You Respect Holyfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    At the time from 94-2003. Tyson, Holyfield, oscar were much bigger draws, and even Chavez sr.. Then probably Roy, but by 2000 I think Tito Trinidad became a bigger draw..

The thing that stands out for Roy is that his PPv numbers were very low considering his talent and "superstar" credentials

His biggest fights vs toney, Ruiz tarver,,, none did big numbers.. Serg-Chavez jr, cotto fights, Barrera-morales all did better numbers, and Roy's numbers are nothing compared to those generated by Tyson, Holyfield, Lennox, cotto, manny, Floyd, oscar...

jones vs hopkins 2 would have did big ppv numbers if it happened in the early 2000s

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      jones vs hopkins 2 would have did big ppv numbers if it happened in the early 2000s
      Yeah, but I doubt it did blockbuster numbers.. Anything over 250k is usually considered successful and that fight would have been in line with the tarver and Ruiz fights, somewhere around 400-500k which is good business but consider Tyson vs anyone does million or more, same with Floyd, oscar hit million mark on big fights and even the quartey fight did over 500k.. Manny gets crapped on because the rios fight did 600k, and Floyd-ghost was considered a flop because it did 850k.. That's almost double Roy's biggest PPv and it's considered a flop.. Just to put things into perspective.. Roy has a hardcore boxing following but never crossed over into the mainstream like Tyson, Holyfield, oscar, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        At the time from 94-2003. Tyson, Holyfield, oscar were much bigger draws, and even Chavez sr.. Then probably Roy, but by 2000 I think Tito Trinidad became a bigger draw..

The thing that stands out for Roy is that his PPv numbers were very low considering his talent and "superstar" credentials

His biggest fights vs toney, Ruiz tarver,,, none did big numbers.. Serg-Chavez jr, cotto fights, Barrera-morales all did better numbers, and Roy's numbers are nothing compared to those generated by Tyson, Holyfield, Lennox, cotto, manny, Floyd, oscar...
        Yeah your absolutely right bro, but RJJ did gain some pretty considerable fame, but through his un natural abilities rather than by taking on big names and doing ppv numbers.
        My only point is that he is one of the few boxers over here an ordinary dude would have some idea of who he is. So that puts him in the superstar category in one way I guess, but your completely rit about his ppv numbers.

Comment

Working...
        X