No announcement yet.

Hardest punching featherweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
    Taken literally you're saying that if Hamed was the hardest hitting FW ever the strength of McCullough's chin would be dependent on Hamed's power.

Which is nonsense.

Earnie Shavers is pretty much regarded as the hardest hitting heavy of all time. Yet he couldn't starch a number of opponents including Ali, Holmes and several modestly gifted fighters. Does this mean he wasn't the hardest? If so - who was? Bear in mind that by your reasoning he would need to have a 100% KO ratio.
    Mac Foster did

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
      Pacquiao was never a devastating puncher above 122. He had pop, but didnt knock anybody out with one punch. Which is part of why I suspected him of juicing in the first place. And Olivares knocked out Chacon and a lot of other guys at fw, also hurt Arguello before he got koed.
      Pacquiao was definitely a devistating puncher to even put the likes of Morales, Marquez and Barrera down. I'd say he hits harder than Hamed.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        Pacquiao was definitely a devistating puncher to even put the likes of Morales, Marquez and Barrera down. I'd say he hits harder than Hamed.
        Lol...I'd say you went over your head with that statement. I'm sure nobody but *******s would agree with you there, and they usually don't hang around here.

Comment

Looks like all of you missed Antonio Esparragoza, who was a bigger hitter than a number of guys on that list. He was very Arguello-like....

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
            Lol...I'd say you went over your head with that statement. I'm sure nobody but *******s would agree with you there, and they usually don't hang around here.
            Im considered a "*****" so dont try me with that ******* BS. LOL. But seriously, do you think Hamed would have powered guys out at LW? Pac could. I think Hamed's success had a lot to do with opposition. If he went through the fire like Pacquiao his KO numbers would be much lower. Pac's res is over all a lot harder to hit.

Comment

Im considered a "*****" so dont try me with that ******* BS. LOL. But seriously, do you think Hamed would have powered guys out at LW? Pac could. I think Hamed's success had a lot to do with opposition. If he went through the fire like Pacquiao his KO numbers would be much lower. Pac's res is over all a lot harder to hit.
              Hamed's resume (in the context of Pac's) is open to criticism. But it was hardly a Bum Of The Month parade.

Comment

He could, but with the aid of ROIDS. Keep up with the happenings man. Even the birds know Manny is juicing and has been since the Diaz fight.

Comment

Shot for shot, Hamed was a bigger puncher than Manny Pac at any weight. But, Pac is an infinitely better and more effective fighter than the doofus dwarf was.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                    Shot for shot, Hamed was a bigger puncher than Manny Pac at any weight. But, Pac is an infinitely better and more effective fighter than the doofus dwarf was.
                    And I guess Pac is much much taller?

Comment

Not much...just fights bigger....and the key word in that phrase is the "doofus" part. No denying Hamed was a doofus.

Comment

Working...
                      X