Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these two heavyweights would you prefer to see Wladimir Klitschko choose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Solis had a real shot at beating him or his brother but has wasted his career so far, letting himself get so out of shape is a disgrace, the man is supposed to be a professional
    He's reportedly in better shape now.

It's the promotional dispute between Ahmed Oner and Don King that's ruining the career of Odlanier Solis.

Odlanier wanted to fight Adamek and he wants to fight Wlad too, but Don King prevented both fights from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

It's the promotional dispute between Ahmed Oner and Don King that's ruining the career of Odlanier Solis.

Odlanier wanted to fight Adamek and he wants to fight Wlad too, but Don King prevented both fights from happening.
      I just cannot understand the business logic for that. It's like a "lose, lose" situation with Don King; instead of taking less money and not getting all the contract terms you want, he kills the fight and no one makes any money.

It just makes no business/financial sense whatsoever. Maybe I'm missing something here...

Comment

Don King is old enough where his pride means more than money, i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          I just cannot understand the business logic for that. It's like a "lose, lose" situation with Don King; instead of taking less money and not getting all the contract terms you want, he kills the fight and no one makes any money.

It just makes no business/financial sense whatsoever. Maybe I'm missing something here...
          Don King thinks he deserves 50% of the revenue from Odlanier's fights.

Ahmet Oner says King's contract as co-promoter of Solis is no longer valid, and King should receive no revenue.

I'm sure if King and Oner were reasonable men, they would come to some kind of agreement. But the truth is, neither one cares in the slightest about the boxer or his fans.

Poor Odlanier is the victim, his talent is being wasted by inactivity as his career is going down the drain.
          Last edited by The Hammer; 02-12-2013, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I would rather he fight Pianeta because that dude is going nowhere.

Jennings has potential. I would like to see him get 2 or 3 more fights under his belt before taking on the champ so that he can put forth a solid effort.

I would much prefer first seeing Jennings in a crossover fight with one of the Euro heavies like Pulev, Fury or Helenius.

Comment

Yeah? Well thats good but hopefully he can get active again, i hate boxing politics! Thats right, forgot about the Adamek fight, made a video for that too lol!
              Cheers for the update

Comment

I wonder if Adamek and Pulev are going to fight? If Adamek turns it down, will the IBF have their next highest ranked guy Bryant Jennings fight Pulev for mandatory status, or will Pulev be declared mandatory like Thompson was?

Adamek might be the best available opponent for Wlad right now, in terms of ranking and resume.

Sauerland's TV contract with ARD is in conflict with the Klitschko's contract with RTL. So the top ten Sauerland HWs Pulev and Helenius will likely not fight Wlad until they have mandatory status.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  So Wlad picks a fight nobody is bothered about, against a guy he got the better of in sparring. If that isn't cherry picking then i don't know what is, it's worse than the BS Mormeck fight.
                  You didnt understand... a sparring partner is brought in to mimic the style of the fighter we are fighting... Pianeta was not good at it. we asked him to try harder at fighting like Thompson, but wlad continued to dominate him so we had no chice but to send him home.... Im sure Pianeta will do better when he fights HIS WAY... what I was saying is that maybe team Pianeta was thinking about the sparring

Comment

I wonder if Adamek and Pulev are going to fight? If Adamek turns it down, will the IBF have their next highest ranked guy Bryant Jennings fight Pulev for mandatory status, or will Pulev be declared mandatory like Thompson was?

Adamek might be the best available opponent for Wlad right now, in terms of ranking and resume.

Sauerland's TV contract with ARD is in conflict with the Klitschko's contract with RTL. So the top ten Sauerland HWs Pulev and Helenius will likely not fight Wlad until they have mandatory status.
                    Pulev seems about the biggest threat out there RIGHT NOW from what i can tell, id favour him big time over Tomasz though it could well be a tasty fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      Pulev seems about the biggest threat out there RIGHT NOW from what i can tell, id favour him big time over Tomasz though it could well be a tasty fight.
                      Correct, Pulev would give Wlad a tougher fight than anybody else and will defeat the fading Adamek if that matchup happens.

But Pulev is promoted by Sauerland and so would not be a voluntary defense opponent for Wladimir.

Comment

Working...
                      X