This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CCobra View Post
    Boxers wear 10-12oz fully padded gloves. Fighters in the MMA use fingerless gloves that are like 2oz.. besides, boxing produces plenty of early knockouts. But thankfully we get to see sweet science in action.
    Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
    Toney is 5'9

Carwin is 6'2 300 + lbs

Chris John or Juan Manuel Lopez are better stand up fighters then lets say Jon Bones Jones but Jones would whoop them easy in an MMA fight cuz of the damn size difference

Originally posted by Casual View Post
    James Toney is old, slow, not in shape anymore. Carwin would seriously whoop Toneys ass at this point.
    toney isn't a natural middleweight, he used to walk around at 200 lbs and have to starch himself to make 160 and 168, he's old with diminished skills but i never thought about the gloves, usually toney hits guys wearing 14 oz gloves, with mma gloves with less padding he'll be a very hard and accurate puncher. i hope james lands some flush shots on randy before he gets walled and stalled so we can see how much power he really has, i bet james could drop old randy with one shot

Comment

I love my boy Toney but he would be small as crap compared to Carwin and one solid hit would have Toney down. However, if Toney survives the first 15 seconds, Carwin is toast....guaranteed

Comment

You can't honestly tell me James Toney has fought guys that are 300 + lbs with 4 oz gloves
        You are suggesting that Carwin would win if the fight remained standing.

Toney wrecks Carwin standing, completely. Toney's would destroy any MMA fighter who ever lived in a boxing match. The skill level is too huge for Carwin to stand with Toney. Carwin wouldn't land a single punch, he would be countered so many times, that he'd be KO'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
          You are suggesting that Carwin would win if the fight remained standing.

Toney wrecks Carwin standing, completely. Toney's would destroy any MMA fighter who ever lived in a boxing match. The skill level is too huge for Carwin to stand with Toney. Carwin wouldn't land a single punch, he would be countered so many times, that he'd be KO'ed.

Comment

LOL so Carwin would beat Toney in a boxing match??

Get real pal.

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
              LOL so Carwin would beat Toney in a boxing match??

Get real pal.
              lmfao were talking about a mixed martial arts match. boxing aint **** in MMA alone. you gotta have all the tools to become successfull. Toney doesnt know wrestling or BJJ as well as carwin. Plus carwin has over 100 lbs on toney

Your in dream land son

Comment

depends. . . would it be purely stand up and not going to the ground at all?
                Toney does have superior boxing skills, and for someone to say otherwise is just ignorant to be honest. Carwin clearly has the power over Toney though. I would say Toney could out box Carwin. But if Shane takes it to he ground then its obviously game over for Toney.

Comment

If they stay standing, Toney destroys Carwin with ease

They go to the ground and Carwin pounds Toney out

Comment

Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
                    If they stay standing, Toney destroys Carwin with ease
                    They go to the ground and Carwin pounds Toney out
                    Since when has toney been a big puncher? Since when has he KO'd guys early?

**** he doesnt do **** in boxing. MMA is a whole different world man. He's gonna get made look silly

Comment

Since when has toney been a big puncher? Since when has he KO'd guys early?

**** he doesnt do **** in boxing. MMA is a whole different world man. He's gonna get made look silly

He doesnt need to be a big puncher, he would land at will on someone like Carwin, but Carwin would be stupid to stand with a boxer

Comment

Working...
                      X