Collapse
No announcement yet.

Borderlands 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you guys' class preferences for 2?

I'm leaning towards the assassin, as I like his action skill, and I prefer to play a more stealthy approach, anyway. I'm almost 100% positive the chick I'll be playing through it with will take the Siren, because she loved the Siren class in the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      It's accuracy and fire rate isn't anything special, if I recall correctly the accuracy is somewhere close to 70, and it holds 6 shells at a time.

A friend of mine modded it via flashdrive on a laptop, and gave it to me in a game on Live. He has some really sweet modded stuff, but you really only need one weapon like that because it just one shots everything, even bosses like the Rakk Hive or the Vault Boss.

I'm done with the original for now. I'll come back to it when I purchase all of the DLC and hopefully then I'll find something pearlescent. In the mean time, I'll buy 2 Wednesday and completely **** up my social life.
      Yeah with an astronomical number like that, it better kill anything one shot. That would be awesome to use against General Knoxx and Crawmerax. Can you hook me up with that gun or you only have one? I'm done with BL1 so a little cheating would be okay. I've never had a modded weapon in that game.

Definitely get the DLC package. Even Moxxi's Underdome is good because it has that bank where you can store a bunch of weapons. You wouldn't have to throw away or sell the weapons, just store them in the safe. Pearl weapons are only in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC so definitely get that one. Actually that DLC is like a game within itself. If i remember correctly it won DLC of the year for XBox, GameSpot, and I can tell you I spent as much time on that DLC as I did for the normal campaign. So it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        What are you guys' class preferences for 2?

I'm leaning towards the assassin, as I like his action skill, and I prefer to play a more stealthy approach, anyway. I'm almost 100% positive the chick I'll be playing through it with will take the Siren, because she loved the Siren class in the first one.
        Since I started off with Roland in BL1 and loved his turret, I started off with the Sabre Turret once again. It's been good so far but I haven't even leveled up his Guerrilla section at all. I maxed out Impact, Healthy, and 3 on Preparation. But I should actually be leveling up his Guerrilla though.

BL1 with Siren if you level up the right skills, is unstoppable. And you get to use her skill like every 5 seconds. It was just too easy for her.

I had the most fun with Berzerker, just beating people up with fists.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Yeah with an astronomical number like that, it better kill anything one shot. That would be awesome to use against General Knoxx and Crawmerax. Can you hook me up with that gun or you only have one? I'm done with BL1 so a little cheating would be okay. I've never had a modded weapon in that game.

Definitely get the DLC package. Even Moxxi's Underdome is good because it has that bank where you can store a bunch of weapons. You wouldn't have to throw away or sell the weapons, just store them in the safe. Pearl weapons are only in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC so definitely get that one. Actually that DLC is like a game within itself. If i remember correctly it won DLC of the year for XBox, GameSpot, and I can tell you I spent as much time on that DLC as I did for the normal campaign. So it's worth it.
          I only have the one at the moment, but I'll check into getting another one if you want. If not, once I purchase and finish the DLC, we could meet up on Live and I could just hand it off to you if you want. I won't have any further use for it, anyway.

I bought what was actually sold to me as a 'new' copy of the GOTY edition of BL1 from Gamestop, but I suspected it wasn't due to there being no shrinkwrap on it. Got it home, tried to add the DLC, and wouldn't you know all 4 ****ing add ons had already been registered?

My guess is it was either a used copy they intentionally or unintentionally labeled as new, or one of the employees wrote down the DLC codes before he/she shelved it.

Anyway, I took it back and demanded an exchange, but they didn't have another GOTY copy, so currently I'm waiting for them to call me sometime this week when they're supposed to get some new ones in. They said they'd trade it out.

I'm still kinda pissed about it, honestly. I was especially looking forward to the General Knoxx one and the Claptrap one.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Since I started off with Roland in BL1 and loved his turret, I started off with the Sabre Turret once again. It's been good so far but I haven't even leveled up his Guerrilla section at all. I maxed out Impact, Healthy, and 3 on Preparation. But I should actually be leveling up his Guerrilla though.

BL1 with Siren if you level up the right skills, is unstoppable. And you get to use her skill like every 5 seconds. It was just too easy for her.

I had the most fun with Berzerker, just beating people up with fists.
            I opted for Roland in BL1, as well. I'm not entirely maxed out, but I'm level 57 at the moment. No point in grinding any further until I get the DLC, but my turret is currently a beast. Reduced the cooldown time on it, increased the amount of shots fired per burst, added missle launches, and maxed out the one where everytime you kill an enemy it also reduces cooldown. So now I can throw it out there about once every minute or so, including the time it takes for it to time out.

The turret in BL2 looks like a ****ing beast. It makes the one in the first one look like a little kid's toy.

I may just go with the commando, as well.

Comment

Awwww.... Kev and bringer cuddling.

Queers.

Comment

I should note : How I'm level 57 on BL1 without the DLC I have no idea. The "overleveled" achievement where you pass level 50 is supposedly DLC related, but I don't own any of the DLC yet, but it popped for me anyway and let me continue leveling up.

Kinda like how I have the "20 car pile up" achievement for Left 4 Dead's crash course DLC, but I don't have that DLC, either. I just put the disc in one day to go back and attempt some campaigns on expert and as soon as the title screen came up it popped. I was going to finish off the "zombie genocidest" achievement on there because I had less than 10,000 zombies left to kill for the total, but when that achievement popped, it erased my entire kill count.

Since then I've had no desire to even attempt that achievement again. I prefer skill achievements, not grinding ones.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  Awwww.... Kev and bringer cuddling.

Queers.

We don't always get along, but when it comes to video games or baseball conversation, we're almost always on the same page.

Comment

In BL1, I chose Roland.

I'm chilling with Salvador in 2, having lot of fun

Judge for yourself:
                    Last edited by Mighty_Windir; 11-05-2012, 02:31 AM.

Comment

I played as the assassin the first time I beat it, and he was a completely unfair melee machine, which is probably why damn near everyone plays as him online.

I'm playing as the Siren now, and she's really good.

Comment

Working...
                      X