No announcement yet.

how do you build core strength up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you build core strength up?

hwo do you build your core stregth? so you will be real strong?

Originally posted by St Lion View Post
    hwo do you build your core stregth? so you will be real strong?
    situps, crunches, leg lifts, side bends, romania twists, deadlifts, squats. ever try to bring a huge amount of groceries up a flight of stairs holding them in one hand? think about how your abdominals feel, that imbalance causes our core to keep tight so you dont just fall over on the side holding the bags. also you can do planks. so many different ab exercises. plyometrics is a good way to go too.

Comment

the plank is the best exersice.

remember to have great core strenght u need to be even. by that i mean u cant just work your abs and neglect your lower back. so do lots of ab work, but also work the lower back. finish up with the plank and perhaps the side plank which works both.

Comment

I do full sit ups. at the peak i hold it and do 10 hammerfist punches with both hands to my gut then relax. i do 10 sit ups totaling 100 punches atleast once a week. after this i do situps till it feels like my muscles are ripping apart then i stretch and do some more.

all the sit ups i do are allways full, feet not under anything, and usually hands straight above head to touching toes.

Comment

For crunches/situps I do 10 crunches/situps, when I get to the top its 1, then before I go all the way back down I hold it for 10 seconds. Then to work obliques I do the same thing except I put one leg down and crunch/situp the leg that is up and hold for 10 then back down. Got it from book by Joe Frazier, seems to work.

Comment

there are a lot of great exercises. the bridges are very good.

u know, pushup holds, things like that.

full body exercises are best.

most of then are not well known for reasons.

but, opposing strength exercising work great as well.

Comment

I would say. Work on bodyweight exercises like sit ups press ups, the basic things.

Whats are planks by the way???????

Comment

The exercises I do include:

- Situps
                - Abs Bridge
                - Hyperextensions
                - Weighted Trunk Twists
                - Leg Raises
                - Scissor Kicks
                - Knee Pullups

You can also do squats and deadlifts to strengthen your core and body overall. Squats are one of the best core exercises, just make sure you get your form right.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1986 View Post
                  I would say. Work on bodyweight exercises like sit ups press ups, the basic things.

Whats are planks by the way???????

Go into push up position, then shift your body so that your facing one side with one hand on the ground, put your leg that would have been on the side your facing and stack it on the other. Switch for the other side.

Comment

This thing did wonders for me

Comment

Working...
                    X