Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I'm the most dangerous unarmed female in the world."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record I like Rousey so I'm not a hater. But I find it amusing how Dana White protects her from Cyborg. There are strict weight parameters for that fight to happen. Yet when Laila Ali says something then Dana is willing to make the fight:
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/dana...g-ronda-rousey

Note that Ali is SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than Rousey so it's impossible for the fight to be at bantamweight. It wouldn't even be at featherweight!
    Dana knows that Ali couldn't compete technically in MMA so the weight isn't an issue. But for Cyborg the rules change and weight is an issue. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
      For the record I like Rousey so I'm not a hater. But I find it amusing how Dana White protects her from Cyborg. There are strict weight parameters for that fight to happen. Yet when Laila Ali says something then Dana is willing to make the fight:

Note that Ali is SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than Rousey so it's impossible for the fight to be at bantamweight. It wouldn't even be at featherweight!
      Dana knows that Ali couldn't compete technically in MMA so the weight isn't an issue. But for Cyborg the rules change and weight is an issue. SMH.
      And Cyborg is facing elite competition as well right?

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
        And Cyborg is facing elite competition as well right?
        No she isn't. As a fight fan I would like to see Rousey and Cyborg fight but not at bantamweight. I would like to see Rousey fight Cyborg at fratherweight. And I think it will be a fair fight. If it goes to the mat I see Rousey submitting Cyborg. If they stay standing for a long stretch I see Cyborg stopping Rousey.

It's a good match up and I'm disappointed Dana is so against it - unless Cyborg cuts weight.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post

Cyborg is a true threat...and Ali?Not so so much Rousey could beat ali at 135 no matter what Ali weighs.He just doesn't want to lose a big money fight b/c Cyborg is much more credible than ali...I cant blame him...he should make the fight happen though a catch weight...its really Ronda not gigiving Cyborg the easy way out b/c she knows she is/was on peds.Would actually like to see the Ali vs Rousey fight anyway!

Comment

why do ppl keep saying dana is against cyborg?

cyborg quit the ufc after ufc started doing more comprehensive drug testing.

she was ufc until she quit.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              Cyborg is a true threat...and Ali?Not so so much Rousey could beat ali at 135 no matter what Ali weighs.He just doesn't want to lose a big money fight b/c Cyborg is much more credible than ali...I cant blame him...he should make the fight happen though a catch weight...its really Ronda not gigiving Cyborg the easy way out b/c she knows she is/was on peds.Would actually like to see the Ali vs Rousey fight anyway!
              ali rousey is stupid and pointless. its just talk for pr.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                ali rousey is stupid and pointless. its just talk for pr.
                But guarantee it would be the most watched event most likely just becasuase the boxing fans that don't watch it will.... you never know with Dana...he almost got Tyson fury to fight Cain....

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  But guarantee it would be the most watched event most likely just becasuase the boxing fans that don't watch it will.... you never know with Dana...he almost got Tyson fury to fight Cain....
                  not gonna happen. laila is retired from boxing. plus she wants no part of mma.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X