Canelo's assistant trainer had some nerve to say that about Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    As he always does....

I thought the same thing. I'll admit that Canelo did a lot better than I thought he would, but it was a head-scratching strategy. Here you have a kid that weighs fifteen pounds more than his much more skilled opponent and you're having him box? Sheesh. I guess those brain surgeons thought they'd surprise Floyd with their approach.
    They must honestly have thought Canelo could match Mayweather like that, talk about delusional.

The thing is Canelo did do something right, he did deliberately hit Mayweather on the arm but he didn't wear him down enough because he was not setting a hard enough pace.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      As he always does....

I thought the same thing. I'll admit that Canelo did a lot better than I thought he would, but it was a head-scratching strategy. Here you have a kid that weighs fifteen pounds more than his much more skilled opponent and you're having him box? Sheesh. I guess those brain surgeons thought they'd surprise Floyd with their approach.
      TBF that's what Canelo does he fought the way he always has doubtful he's versatile enough to do anything different

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
        TBF that's what Canelo does he fought the way he always has doubtful he's versatile enough to do anything different
        Yeah he's a patient technician, I don't know why people were expecting him to put on a Hagler-Leonard type of performance. This was always going to be a chess match but I expected him to jab more, finish his combinations with a stiff jab.

Comment

Working...
        X