Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry for creating a separate thread, but there is no way Shane had a torn ACL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was nothing wrong with his azz. Just like it was nothing wring with pacq.

Man between this, pacq leg cramp and berto bull**** boxing is slowly becoming a f-cking joke.

Comment

You'd think with any kind of leg injury he'd be a sitting target for Pac but Shane moved just fine.... someone in marketing must of told Shane he needs a better excuse for such a poor performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
        Was nothing wrong with his azz. Just like it was nothing wring with pacq.

Man between this, pacq leg cramp and berto bull**** boxing is slowly becoming a f-cking joke.
        well pacquiao did seem to complain about his leg after round 4 and mosley was saying he had a blister to his trainer.

Comment

Funny he said nothing about it on fight night huh? Didn't seem to prohibit him from training in the mountains...jogging 5 miles a day up and down hill. No excuses Shane, no excuses

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            I'm actually shocked that no one called b.s. on this because any who has played sports or even knows those types of injuries knows when you tear your ACL the first thing a doctor ask you to do is move laterally.

You can walk normal if it's a slight tear, and you'll only limp if it's a complete tear (possible have to be carry off and not be able to walk if is severe enough) but the key indicator and away a doctor/coach can tell if it's an ACL injury (compared to another type of injury) is to ask the athlete to move laterally or take a step to the side.

If the athlete can't then it's an ACL injury. So Shane being able to turn and move lateral automatically elimates that as a possibility. It is possible, in extreme cases such as Pittsburg Steelers WR Hines Ward, to not have an ACL at all and move laterally just fine, but that is because he did it even prior to his days in college, and his body naturally got use to moving without those ligament (something that is extremely rare and a sports miracle as you never see that).

With that said I do believe Shane was hurt, but not a knee injury. At most he may have hurt a limament on his foot or heel and just isn't savvy enough to know the exact name of the ligament and is just confusing it with an ACL, so I'm giving him that benefit of a doubt.

Just my two cents, and sorry for the long read as well as separate thread.
            ok Dr.Arum if you say so..........

Comment

Shane said that he couldn't move.
              Are you kidding me?

The guy was running for 12 rounds.

Comment

[QUOTE=-Top Rank-;10634451]I'm actually shocked that no one called b.s. on this because any who has played sports or even knows those types of injuries knows when you tear your ACL the first thing a doctor ask you to do is move laterally.

You can walk normal if it's a slight tear, and you'll only limp if it's a complete tear (possible have to be carry off and not be able to walk if is severe enough) but the key indicator and away a doctor/coach can tell if it's an ACL injury (compared to another type of injury) is to ask the athlete to move laterally or take a step to the side.

The first thing a doctor does if he suspects an ACL injury is the shelf test which is when the athlete is sitting or lying down and his/her leg is in a 90 degree angle. The doctor pulls on the back upper part of the calf muscle. If the Tibia Access point moves outward or inward from the Femur access point (ie the knee joint), then this could determine an injury to the PCL or ACL.

Sometimes lateral movement can't determined ACL injuries especially if the PCL and MCL are intact. An example is Garrison Hearst completely destroyed his ACL but completed 1992 Football Season for Georgia State...SEC Player of the Year, ESPY Winner, and Third place for the Heisman Trophy. He had the surgery after the season was over.

A lateral movement test would more be used for MCL and Meniscus damage. Typically, athletes who only have ACL damage with the other ligaments in tact can perform lateral movements not withstanding pain and swelling factors. On the other hand, meniscus and MCL injuries severely limit lateral movement and requires a much higher pain tolerance just to endure the diagnostic testing alone.

I don't believe that Shane tore his Achilles tendon either. He may have injured it but to have torn it and move around the way he did is highly unlikely and very much unbelievable.

Comment

It don't matter whether Mosley has a torn ACL or a torn tendon, Pac torn Mosley.

Comment

I think it's just an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      He didn't move like someone with that bad an ankle injury either. Especially not a torn achilles, which while not as bad as a torn knee ligament will prevent an athlete from being able to function very well.
                      Torn achilles is waaaaay worse for performance than a torn ACL....way worse. The knee can be stabilized through rehab. THere's no exercises you can do for an achilles...

Comment

Working...
                      X