Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF is wrong with the NFL? How in the hell can Eli get trashed so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli is struggling because of a poor offensive system. Kevin Gilbride is a very miss offensive coordinator. The Giants need to be running a West Coast like offense.
    I think you'll see the same thing with Eli until you see a change in offense to make it catch n' go simpler. One thing you'll notice with the Giants is their receivers don't do well with RAC yards. Very plain route running, no sophisticated screens, etc. It's really the players making the offense work to where they won championships.

If I was coaching, I'd play to Eli's strength, saw it years ago and it just shows the NY Giants handlers ages not catching on. Where does Eli most excel? The 2 minute offense. I'd put him in a no-huddle play calling situation in general and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he played better consistently. The way it is now, you'd just see the same thing in the near future if it happened again. The Giants being fortunate enough to make the playoffs, getting hot and reaching the Superbowl because they're general managing is good having an eye for picking up clutch players in recent years
    Last edited by Haglerwins; 12-08-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
      Eli is struggling because of a poor offensive system. Kevin Gilbride is a very miss offensive coordinator. The Giants need to be running a West Coast like offense.
      I think you'll see the same thing with Eli until you see a change in offense to make it catch n' go simpler. One thing you'll notice with the Giants is their receivers don't do well with RAC yards. Very plain route running, no sophisticated screens, etc. It's really the players making the offense work to where they won championships.

If I was coaching, I'd play to Eli's strength, saw it years ago and it just shows the NY Giants handlers ages not catching on. Where does Eli most excel? The 2 minute offense. I'd put him in a no-huddle play calling situation in general and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he played better consistently. The way it is now, you'd just see the same thing in the near future if it happened again. The Giants being fortunate enough to make the playoffs, getting hot and reaching the Superbowl because they're general managing is good having an eye for picking up clutch players in recent years

You've convinced me.....You're our new offensive coordinator !

Cause Gilbride gotta go !

Fewell's defensive schemes aren't much better !

Hey.....You got a friend 2 run the D ???
      Last edited by BERNIE'S CORNER; 12-08-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dynomyte1444 View Post
        there were articles at the beginning of year that thought brady was done.

there was some speculation about brady "being done," but that's where it ended. nobody was calling for him to lose his job, for them to look to draft at quarterback, etc.

brady's absolutely slowed down some. he's not as accurate as he used to be.

he still wins games late, and makes the most out of an awful receiving group. gronk is one of the best in teh game, but he missed a ton of games this year. amendola isn't great, but he's decent, and he's been at 100% for a couple of quarters this year. ask julian edleman how good tom brady is.

that's your quarterback.
        unicorns
        showponies
        where's the beef?

and yes, scott zolak is completely insane. i like him. i listen to his radio show every weekday when i'm on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          there was some speculation about brady "being done," but that's where it ended. nobody was calling for him to lose his job, for them to look to draft at quarterback, etc.

brady's absolutely slowed down some. he's not as accurate as he used to be.

he still wins games late, and makes the most out of an awful receiving group. gronk is one of the best in teh game, but he missed a ton of games this year. amendola isn't great, but he's decent, and he's been at 100% for a couple of quarters this year. ask julian edleman how good tom brady is.

that's your quarterback.
          unicorns
          showponies
          where's the beef?

and yes, scott zolak is completely insane. i like him. i listen to his radio show every weekday when i'm on the road.
          Hey !.......Go make your own Brady's a model thread !

This is The Why All The Flack On Eli thread !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
            Fewell's defensive schemes aren't much better !

Hey.....You got a friend 2 run the D ???

The Giants disappoint me not blitzing some of the more weak minded QBs like Romo more than they do. Like Drew Bledsoe, if you make types like him run for their lives on O, they'll fold every time, won't overcome it in the end. It's actually how they beat Brady in the SB twice

Loss of identity the last 2 seasons with this team. The capstone on the stupid was letting Brandon Jacobs get away to SF. He's not a Peterson, but he was among their clutch crew when they needed critical rushing yards.

Comment

The Giants disappoint me not blitzing some of the more weak minded QBs like Romo more than they do. Like Drew Bledsoe, if you make types like him run for their lives on O, they'll fold every time, won't overcome it in the end. It's actually how they beat Brady in the SB twice

Loss of identity the last 2 seasons with this team. The capstone on the stupid was letting Brandon Jacobs get away. He's not a Peterson, but he's among their clutch crew when they need critical rushing yards

It's more than apparent you watch games within games !

Nuttin but green 4 you !!!

Comment

and another thing on my pressure comment. I'm not saying something that you could just mirror match against any team. Some QBs can overcome the pressure you throw in their face consistently. Eli actually has shown this. That's why people are so befuddled by him and think he sucks now. It's just not Eli's strength playing conventionally. He responds best to 'heat'; a fire being lit under him. Up tempo offense, put him in the no huddle through the game, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you saw a better quarterback come out of it.

Comment

and another thing on my pressure comment. I'm not saying something that you could just mirror match against any team. Some QBs can overcome the pressure you throw in their face consistently. Eli actually has shown this. That's why people are so befuddled by him and think he sucks now. It's just not Eli's strength playing conventionally. He responds best to 'heat'; a fire being lit under him. Up tempo offense, put him in the no huddle through the game, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you saw a better quarterback come out of it.

You my man I could talk Football with all day.

Would do just that but I'm on my way 2 Qualcomm Stadium !

Trying 2 keep a dying dream alive !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    then further west you've got bills fans, and they're hardly even real people. there will be a stadium with 50K fans with only 100K teeth between them.

Comment

Working...
                    X