No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Virgil Hunter: Mayweather's Performance is Real Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Virgil Hunter: Mayweather's Performance is Real Boxing

Renowned boxing trainer Virgil Hunter has his hands full these days as his stable of fighters has ballooned over the past year as more and more fighters have sought out his services. His most prized pupil has been and probably always will be Andre Ward who is considered among the top pound for pound fighters today.

The number one pound for pound fighter just fought recently as Floyd Mayweather Jr put on a dominant performance against Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero in the biggest fight of the year so far. I caught up with Virgil Hunter in Los Angeles and asked The Bay area based trainer for his thoughts on Mayweather’s performance. [Click Here To Read More]

Mr Hunter, prepare to feel the wrath (250 pages of nonsense) of ****** Nation.

Comment

I couldn´t agree more with Hunter.

Comment

another training saying mayweather is boxing in its purest form shocking

Comment

yes, but when will he square off with a real boxer?

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            Mr Hunter, prepare to feel the wrath (250 pages of nonsense) of ****** Nation.
            ya you aint lying ill be back in a hour heres a in the meantime for you haters

Comment

another world class trainer says mayweather's performance was masterful, cue internet warriors claiming they know better

Comment

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me View Post
                yes, but when will he square off with a real boxer?
                who exactly is a real boxer?

Comment

I always say this: those who want to see the toe to toe thing, if they had a son and they brought their son to a trainer and that trainer said 'look, I'll teach your son how to go to war, toe to toe' and another trainer said 'I'll teach your son how to hit and not to be hit', they're going to leave their son with the one who says I'm going to teach him how to hit and not get hit. So they need to quit being hypocritical about how boxing should be.
                  Don't really agree with this. A big part of the reason that fans appreciate aggressive, risk-taking fighters is because we understand that it's not easy and that it's the sort of thing that not every boxer is willing to do.

It also gets tiresome how often people act as if the only alternative to Floyd's style is a toe-to-toe war. Saying that we'd like to see a guy try to be more aggressive or close the show when an opponent is hurt is not the same as saying we expect him to lead with his face from the opening bell until the last or that he should only throw haymakers.

I also think a lot of people would prefer for their sons to not fight with an overly-defensive style. Not knocking Floyd because it's his career and life on the line, but a lot of dads do want their sons to fight aggressively.
                  Last edited by Clegg; 05-17-2013, 07:41 AM.

Comment

virgil hunter speakin the truth and callin it how it is, as usual

Comment

Working...
                    X