Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest, EDGAR SOSA STOPS GOLEZ IN PSEUDO COMEBACK FIGHT

I'm now writing for fighthype folks

http://dlvr.it/148V1C

I'm interested in how you came to the conclusion that a mental toll was taken on Sosa. Just because it was round 7? I didn't see the fight, but the article makes it unclear as to why. From your previous description, it sounded like his opponent took a beating.

This was a tune up, and you made that clear, but it sounds like Sosa went in there and did his job.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      I'm interested in how you came to the conclusion that a mental toll was taken on Sosa. Just because it was round 7? I didn't see the fight, but the article makes it unclear as to why. From your previous description, it sounded like his opponent took a beating.

This was a tune up, and you made that clear, but it sounds like Sosa went in there and did his job.
      Sosa cherry picked a guy who fights two divisions below and notified him of the fight in December 25. Why would a former world champion pull such a cheap move?

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
        Sosa cherry picked a guy who fights two divisions below and notified him of the fight in December 25. Why would a former world champion pull such a cheap move?
        Because it was a tune up. It happens. Not every fight has to be of such a high caliber. Also keep in mind Sosa doesn't actually choose the opponent, it's the promoter who is staging the event. It still doesn't exactly answer the question as to why it takes a mental toll on Sosa.

Just something to think about when writing anyway. I'm a writer like yourself and got grilled for the exact same thing when I did a Mike Mollo article for ESB a couple of years ago. Made me not as judgmental for smaller, local events.

I write for Max now though.

Keep up the good work, just giving some feedback. I'm not the best writer either and still have a long ways to go haha
        Last edited by warp1432; 01-08-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Because it was a tune up. It happens. Not every fight has to be of such a high caliber. Also keep in mind Sosa doesn't actually choose the opponent, it's the promoter who is staging the event. It still doesn't exactly answer the question as to why it takes a mental toll on Sosa.

Just something to think about when writing anyway. I'm a writer like yourself and got grilled for the exact same thing when I did a Mike Mollo article for ESB a couple of years ago. Made me not as judgmental for smaller, local events.

Keep up the good work, just giving some feedback. I'm not the best writer either and still have a long ways to go haha
          Real champs get decent competition when coming back. Plus, I did not say that I took a mental toll on Sosa, you have to read that it was more of a question. Did you see the question mark?

Sosa was almost in the final stages of training when they picked Golez, a guy who is two divisions below and had 2 weeks to train. If you don't think that was cheap, then I don't know what to say

Comment

btw Do you mean maxboxing? I wish you all the best, hoping to read some of your articles in the future

Comment

Working...
            X