Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins vs GGG rumored as Hopkins Final Fight @ 168! Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see this fight, I would have Hopkins winning by decision. Like the Hopkins vs Calzaghe and Hopkins vs Pavlik fights, many people felt that Hopkins was just too old and looked every bit of 44 against Calzaghe. Trainers fans, and fighters pleaded Hopkins to retire. Roach rejected to train Hopkins and instead publicly said that Hopkins should retire and stay away from Pavlik, odds predicted a stoppage in Pavlik's favor. This is essentially the same thing here, Hopkins due to his very advanced age of 50 years old, and going 12 tough to watch rounds with Kovalev; fans are making the same mistake all over again. They think that a MW, who has not fought an elite level fighter yet, is going to manhandle Hopkins, and stop him, they think Hopkins is too old yet Hopkins probably beats LHW's #4 - #10, and I would not rule him out against Stevenson. People don't realize that at 40, Hopkins was 30. And now at 50, Hopkins is finally 40 in boxing age. 40 is old as hell in boxing, but still an age where some very rare fighters have fought successfully and Hopkins is one of those rare fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by LouIE G View Post
      Hopkins is fighting on the Canelo undercard?
      That's what I read somewhere but that could've been false.

Comment

If you give this instead of the mando(Wade), I'm ok with it!

Does anyone want this fight?, probably not!

Comment

I love Hopkins and he is amazing and almost ageless but not quite. He is just too old. He is still good but he can't beat the best of these Russian bad asses. Kovalev beat the hell out of him and GGG will do likewise. Hopkins should have retired long ago. GGG will show him no mercy.

Comment

Nah this won't happen, makes no sense for either fighter. Move on.

Comment

Cheering for Hopkins to school GGG as he did to Kelly Pavlik, but I think this is quite difficult to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                This fight makes no sense for anyone and will never happen.
                Makes sense for GGG because having Hopkins on your resume is something which historically would be of some significance. He's a great name to have on anyone's record.

And for Hopkins, he never held a SMW title, he went from MW to LHW and skipped the super middle division. There would have to be a vacant title on the line for this one, or some sort of specially created title that the WBC might devise to add to the growing collection. WBC Extra Super Special World Title Deluxe!

Comment

William Joppy vs. Roberto Duran, folks. Only worse.

Comment

How come Ward doesn't fight Hopkins?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                      How come Ward doesn't fight Hopkins?
                      Hopkins made it very clear he would never fight Ward right after Ward beat Dawson I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X