Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So can someone explain to me the story of Edwin Valero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Interloper View Post
    FWIW, Mikey Garcia said that he was the hardest puncher he ever sparred.

That's compared to Pacquiao, Joel Diaz Jr., Ponce De Leon, Brandon Rios, etc.

DLH also sent his ass home after he got his beat up in sparring

Comment

IMO, and very much like Tyson, the part that made him great was the part that made him crazy. That's why I find the what-if scenario's on here a little baffling; not that I hate what-ifs generally (they're awesome) but I reckon Valero's boxing greatness was genetically indivisible from his out-of-the-ring madness.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
        IMO, and very much like Tyson, the part that made him great was the part that made him crazy. That's why I find the what-if scenario's on here a little baffling; not that I hate what-ifs generally (they're awesome) but I reckon Valero's boxing greatness was genetically indivisible from his out-of-the-ring madness.
        Good stuff good stuff, cause that seems very true.

Comment

A year before that happened, most people forget or dont know that his wife was attacked & shot outside there home by a suspect. Valero was saying then that he was in deep fear in his hometown and felt that his family were targets because of his recent success.

On the flip side you could argue that he was just crazy at that time, the story was made up, and maybe he was the one who shot her and blamed it on someone else. Or you could also think that it was true and maybe he also isnt the one who killed his wife but that he was setup and then murdered in prison
          Last edited by DLT; 05-15-2013, 07:56 PM.

Comment

all of that is not even including that major motorcycle wreck he was in. We dont know how much that affected his career. I agree with Mak though. He didnt have a major enough win for me to predict that he wouldve been great

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              A year before that happened, most people forget or dont know that his wife was attacked & shot outside there home by a suspect. Valero was saying then that he was in deep fear in his hometown and felt that his family were targets because of his recent success.

On the flip side you could argue that he was just crazy at that time, the story was made up, and maybe he was the one who shot her and blamed it on someone else. Or you could also think that it was true and maybe he also isnt the one who killed his wife but that he was setup and then murdered in prison
              Or maybe...his wife was lying about that/trying to set him up in some way and he caught wind of it and....'over-reacted'.

But who knows, those 3rd world countries can be crazy. Maybe he was really in fear.

Comment

The legend started with his sparring stories with Morales. I think some of them are on youtube actually.

After the DeMarco fight people really started thinking he was legit. Then he just went nuts basically, got drugged out, killed his wife then killed himself.

Comment

Valero must be the most overranked fighter of the century. He gained titles over average opposition and never faced anyone that warranted two titles. Like anyone that dies he gathered praise for his work but his cowardedly murder of his wife and cowardly suicide really cancels that out. He had a big ko record which is due to his careful matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    all of that is not even including that major motorcycle wreck he was in. We dont know how much that affected his career. I agree with Mak though. He didnt have a major enough win for me to predict that he wouldve been great
                    I read that he went insane after the bike accident. It's not uncommon to become uncontrollably violent and aggressive after major brain trauma.

Comment

I think he was so drugged out and on a drinking binge that probably his wife confronted him and he went ape **** and killed her. Once he came down from the drugs and alcohol in jail and was sober, he knew what he did. Killed himself knowing that he couldn't live with the guilt of killing the mother of his children.

I heard that the cops or guards in the jail killed him and stuffed the photo of his family in his mouth. I remember he told all the reporters that were covering the DLH/Pacquiao fight, that DLH was weak and had nothing left and Pacquiao was going to destroy him.

Comment

Working...
                      X