Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't more boxers do neck exercises ala Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't more boxers do neck exercises ala Mayweather?

people say you either have a good chin or you dont and you cant improve it, but i disagree. the neck is the muscle responsible for absorbing the impact of blows to the head. A strong neck can certainly improve punch resistance

maybe other boxers do it but you rarely ever see it. Mayweather places such an emphasis on this. He's a small guy for his weight but has a great chin, I would have to think these exercises play a large role in that. Wouldn't this help someone like Amir Khan tremendously??

They all do it.

Comment

You answered your own question, which is most boxers do but just aren't shown on camera doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        They all do it.
        Cosigned.....

Comment

This is an exercise more or less every boxer does. I guess if it's not televised it didn't happen?

Comment

Ever been to a boxing gym??cause it's a essential part of a fighters training.

Comment

I'm in the gym everyday, every fighter I know does them at least every other day. There is more to do for your neck besides using the harness as well, you can do bridges, or use the neck machine.

Comment

Great thread guy

Cant wait for your "why dont more boxers hit the heavy bag ala mayweather" thread
                Last edited by Russian Crushin; 07-24-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Well, this thread was pointless lol.

Comment

Amazing is this not a boxing site??i figures most people on here atleast visited a boxing gym before.

Comment

Working...
                    X