No announcement yet.

Andre Dirrell sparred ward in the olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Dirrell sparred ward in the olympics

and he has been saying from the beggining that he would rather fight ward than green, i wonder what happened in those sparring sessions that makes him so confident

I didn't know that. As long as he stays away from Ward's clinches he'll be ok, he has the speed/movement to beat him. War Dirrell.

Comment

Yo i got the video of where Darnell Boone dropped and hurt Ward. It was a right uppercut and the crazy thing is he does the same mistake every fight. Jab then lunge in to clinch, he did that with Kessler and he did that with Green. So If was were Dirrell I'd work on that right uppercut in the orthodox stance. I tried to make a gif so you guys can get the visual of that knockdown but my codecs are ****ed.

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post
        Yo i got the video of where Darnell Boone dropped and hurt Ward. It was a right uppercut and the crazy thing is he does the same mistake every fight. Jab then lunge in to clinch, he did that with Kessler and he did that with Green. So If was were Dirrell I'd work on that right uppercut in the orthodox stance. I tried to make a gif so you guys can get the visual of that knockdown but my codecs are ****ed.
        yep, ward has a defensive deficiency, his defence is grappling

dude, you need to upload that to megaupload or somethin

Comment

Im still upset over that Curtis Stevens fight. Not because curtis lost tho. Dirrell was f#cking horrible.
          Last edited by HARLEM AL; 06-24-2010, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HARLEM AL View Post
            Im still upset over that Curtis Stevenson fight. Not because curtis lost tho. Dirrell was f#cking horrible.
            his excuse was that he had no sparring partners that could emulate stevens, so he fought him amatuer

but i also acknowledge that he looked to improve and felt bad about that fight, all his fights after that were stoppages prior to froch
            he has even mistakenly mentioned it as a loss, which is a tell tale sign that he doesn't look at it as a good win if a win at all

Comment

Originally posted by Levesta View Post
              his excuse was that he had no sparring partners that could emulate stevens, so he fought him amatuer

but i also acknowledge that he looked to improve and felt bad about that fight, all his fights after that were stoppages prior to froch
              he has even mistakenly mentioned it as a loss, which is a tell tale sign that he doesn't look at it as a good win if a win at all
              I hear you fam. Just having horrible flashbacks(lol). I do like the way he fought AA tho.

Comment

Originally posted by HARLEM AL View Post
                I hear you fam. Just having horrible flashbacks(lol). I do like the way he fought AA tho.
                Thats the thing with me, i could be bias cause he is a hometown fighter. But Dirrell fought gross in that curtis stevens fight and some in Froch but you cant tell me he aint progressing. I think he is going to be a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post
                  Thats the thing with me, i could be bias cause he is a hometown fighter. But Dirrell fought gross in that curtis stevens fight and some in Froch but you cant tell me he aint progressing. I think he is going to be a champ.
                  I think he always had i in him but just choose to fight that way. and i have no doubt that he is. I dont see him beating ward tho. I def could be wrong but if anything long as its a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Levesta View Post
                    and he has been saying from the beggining that he would rather fight ward than green, i wonder what happened in those sparring sessions that makes him so confident

I knew they had sparred together I mean they have been friends for a while of course they got in the ring and sparred a few times but when did Dirrell say he would rather fight Ward then Green?

Comment

Working...
                    X