No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson: "I'm very comfortable @ 172 lbs to fight Lucian Bute"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Lol , Bute is better than Cloud p4p, but lets not forget Bute was KOed by Andrate the first time, Bute wouldn't look so good against Cloud at 175 ina 12 rounder.
    Bute is obviously better than Cloud at this point.

The KO issue won't show up with Dawson in the same way... but I could see his stamina not lasting him all twelve, and Dawson just putting on an absolute clinic in the late rounds... if he makes it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
      Can anyone really call this a duck by Bute if he declines to go to 175?

I mean he is a champ at 168, the bigger Draw etc, yet he is expected to hop up in weight?

I ask this because I have a feeling Bute would want this at 170 or possible 168.

I know people will say he is ducking if he goes that right but with all things considered he has every right to make those demands, esp. since Dawson is the one pushing for this fight.
      I would be very surprised if bute takes this fight at 175. It would be stupid on his part to do anything above 168 imo. He makes money no matter who he fights so it shouldn't be about that to bute.

Comment

None of those guys are anything. Holmes, Mercado, Echols, Allen were all champions. Let along John David Jackson and the other former champions and elite fighters Bernard Hopkins turned to frubble in his prime. Spary there is a reason Hopkins was being called an ATG BEFORE he fought Trinidad.
        I like both fighters, but let's be real... None of the fighters you mentioned are better than Adamek, G. Johnson, and Tarver. We can match up their resumes and wins or make a poll in the history section.

Oh... and Dawson beats the breaks off of Bute. How is Bute winning this poll? More people think Bute would win by KO than Dawson winning outright . If they ever fight I'm bumping this thread after the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
          Bute is obviously better than Cloud at this point.

The KO issue won't show up with Dawson in the same way... but I could see his stamina not lasting him all twelve, and Dawson just putting on an absolute clinic in the late rounds... if he makes it there.
          He is better but smaller, weaker, has a chin that can be broken, and has stamina issues. Cloud would be a nightmare for him since he is Andrate with athleticism, more power, and more skills, plus about 15 pounds heavier.

People forget how tall and long Dawson is. On top of that he re hydrates to 190 poundsand is much too good a boxer for Bute, and on top of that is bigger and stronger. I think for Bute to move up to fight him would be suicide and he would lose a wide decision and get stopped if Dawson had any killer instinct.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
            I like both fighters, but let's be real... None of the fighters you mentioned are better than Adamek, G. Johnson, and Tarver. We can match up their resumes and wins or make a poll in the history section.
            Let's be realer: adamek wasn't as good at 175 back then compared to what he became at cruiser and beyond. Tarver was shot and glen johnson part II was a good win for dawson, despite glen being 40 years old and glen definitely won the first fight.

Hopkins was beating fighters in their primes, beat em up and kept doing it for over 10 years.

Comment

He is better but smaller, weaker, has a chin that can be broken, and has stamina issues. Cloud would be a nightmare for him since he is Andrate with athleticism, more power, and more skills, plus about 15 pounds heavier.

People forget how tall and long Dawson is. On top of that he re hydrates to 190 poundsand is much too good a boxer for Bute, and on top of that is bigger and stronger. I think for Bute to move up to fight him would be suicide and he would lose a wide decision and get stopped if Dawson had any killer instinct.
              If he rehydrates to 190 he'll be seriously weakened making 168. No way he can do that and be strong.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post

Oh... and Dawson beats the breaks off of Bute. How is Bute winning this poll? More people think Bute would win by KO than Dawson winning outright . If they ever fight I'm bumping this thread after the outcome.
                Problem is the only fighter worth noting that Hopkins didn't beat (but would have if HBO put the money up two years ago) ios Adamek. Hopkins resume is stellar since he fought anybody and everybody in and around his weightclass and ominated.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  If he rehydrates to 190 he'll be seriously weakened making 168. No way he can do that and be strong.
                  Having it at 168 would make it a fairer fight, since he would be drained and over train.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Let's be realer: adamek wasn't as good at 175 back then compared to what he became at cruiser and beyond. Tarver was shot and glen johnson part II was a good win for dawson, despite glen being 40 years old and glen definitely won the first fight.

Hopkins was beating fighters in their primes, beat em up and kept doing it for over 10 years.
                    Nah, he just has a better resume and was allowed to prove himself at the higher weight. After he lost to Dawson, he beat Bell and Cunningham in less than a year and a half.

Tarver was not shot, he had just beaten Woods better than Cloud did. After Dawson easily decisioned Johnson the second time around, he knocked out a top 10 Lt. Heavyweight in 5 rounds and gave your boy the toughest fight of his life. Unless you're gonna put your scorecard up and round analysis, I'm not going to argue the result of the first Johnson fight.

Hopkins has a 17+ year head start, for the next 5 years Dawson will put himself in ATG talks. After he beats Pascal and undefeated Bute/Cloud, he'll be a first ballot HOFer at 28/29.
                    Problem is the only fighter worth noting that Hopkins didn't beat (but would have if HBO put the money up two years ago) ios Adamek. Hopkins resume is stellar since he fought anybody and everybody in and around his weightclass and ominated.
                    True, I'm not denying that. What I am saying is that the 3 names I mentioned are better than the names you mentioned. Hopkins got greedy and lowballed Adamek. Offered him $400K no upside for attendance take it or leave it. HBO gave him $4 million for that fight, for him to negotiate a deal.

It's his fault, he could've been the Cruiserweight Champ and retired after that.

Comment

I love how some people tries to twist things and make it as if Dawson only chased down and fought OLD Fighters on purpose to build up his resume, they fail to mention how Tarver and Johnson was at the top of that division during that time

Tarver was the Champion, he lost then he used his Mandatory rematch and Dawson beat him again, if Dawson wanted to get to the top of that division he really had NO CHOICE BUT to get past them, it is not like it was any YOUNG fighters at the top of that division during that time...DAWSON WAS THE YOUNG FIGHTER in that division, he was Calling out Calzaghe and Hopkins at 24-25 years old and neither of them wanted to take that chance against the younger and hungry fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X