Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the next dominant Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the next dominant Heavyweight?

Simple question, as the title says. Who will be the next dominant Heavyweight fighter out there?

Fedor cant stay around forever, a few of the top level guys are fading out as well like Crocop, couture and Nog.

The division will no doubt have a dominant force within the next few years? But who will it be?

My thoughts awhile back were that someday Antonio Silva and Sergei Kharitonov would be potential names to rise above the rest, but that looks unlikely now.

Any thoughts on the next dominant Heavyweight.

Brock Lesnar? I know he has a thing or two to learn yet but....

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzaman View Post
      If he sticks to his wrestling there is a good chance of that, but sometimes a fighter can work on his weaker skills, make improvements and decide to try them out.

I can see him working on his striking and somewhere down the line trying to go toe to toe with a striker and becoming part of a highlight reel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzaman View Post
        Lesnar is three months away from being 32 years old. Regardless whether a person believes that he is a tomato can who has been fed the title for marketing purposes, or genuinely believe that he is "The Next Big Thing;" Lesnar has come into this sport very late in age, which will definitely trump his run.

Comment

Maybe Cain Velasquez

Comment

The HW div in the UFC is looking hot nowand aside from Nog Randy, Brock and Frank you got Cain, Carwin, and Junior Dos Santos looming with big wins. I'd love to see Dos Santos face Carwin

Comment

Originally posted by FreshPrince View Post
              Maybe Cain Velasquez
              Originally posted by Dice View Post
              The HW div in the UFC is looking hot nowand aside from Nog Randy, Brock and Frank you got Cain, Carwin, and Junior Dos Santos looming with big wins. I'd love to see Dos Santos face Carwin
              velasquez looks like a good prospect but i think he's too small to beat lesnar, a Carwin - Lesnar fight could be interesting

Comment

Working...
              X