Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think Lennox would have got KO'd if the fight had continued?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread got me so hyped to rewatch it. That second round, god damn.
    Vitali's chin > Lewis'

Classic Heavyweight Championship fight.

Call me crazy guys, but I got a feeling the Heavyweight division is gonna get hot again in the post May/Pac era.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
      This thread got me so hyped to rewatch it. That second round, god damn.
      Vitali's chin > Lewis'

Classic Heavyweight Championship fight.

Call me crazy guys, but I got a feeling the Heavyweight division is gonna get hot again in the post May/Pac era.
      it'll get hot when wlad retires.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
        Actually Lewis landed the hardest punch of the fight in the last round and did most of his damage there, he had Vitali hurt and staggering across the ring by the end.

It wouldn't be the first time Lewis knocks a guy out after weathering an early storm. Vitali was there for the taking.
        lennox was kinda like young 140 cotto.

get tagged, opponent turns it up, looks bad for a little bit, then ktfos the guy out later.

Comment

I remember feeling like Lennox was vulnerable in that fight.

Comment

At the end of that 6th round, Lewis was almost dead on his feet. He had given it his all to keep Vitali off him and he was down 4-2 on most cards. Lewis knew it was make or break so if the fight had gone on, I can't imagine Lewis getting a second win and some well placed shots from Vitali would have ended it.

Thing is though, Lewis' punches did enough damage to send Vitali to the hospital and months of recovery, so he won the fight. There can be no argument for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              I remember feeling like Lennox was vulnerable in that fight.
              Whilst he was literally walking through everything Vitali was throwing at him after the second round? Don't trust your feelings bro.

Comment

When asked about Vitali, Lennox always highlights how easily he is cut. And talking about the great fighters he always mentions how to be great your skin cannot cut easily.

Obviously cutting Vitali was the best strategy Lennox could have come up with in that fight and all credit for that. If somehow Vitali's skin was more resilient I have no doubt Vitali wins that fight, possibly by stoppage, but it is what it is. In the rematch Lennox would again aim to cut.

Fight between those two (any versions) it would be a close one. I have Lennox winning 6 of 10 times prime for prime.
                Last edited by Simurgh; 09-30-2015, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Nah, Lewis would've carried on aiming for the cut, and Vitali would've quit a couple of rounds later.

Once a quitter, always a quitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    When asked about Vitali, Lennox always highlights how easily he is cut. And talking about the great fighters he always mentions how to be great your skin cannot cut easily.

Obviously cutting Vitali was the best strategy Lennox could have come up with in that fight and all credit for that. If somehow Vitali's skin was more resilient I have no doubt Vitali wins that fight, possibly by stoppage, but it is what it is. In the rematch Lennox would again aim to cut.

Fight between those two (any versions) it would be a close one. I have Lennox winning 6 of 10 times prime for prime.
                    i dunno.

vitali at his peak vs. old, out of shape lennox was close.

not sure a prime lennox vs. vitali would be that close.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      At the end of that 6th round, Lewis was almost dead on his feet. He had given it his all to keep Vitali off him and he was down 4-2 on most cards. Lewis knew it was make or break so if the fight had gone on, I can't imagine Lewis getting a second win and some well placed shots from Vitali would have ended it.

Thing is though, Lewis' punches did enough damage to send Vitali to the hospital and months of recovery, so he won the fight. There can be no argument for that.
                      Next time you watch the fight look at Vitaly during the sixth.

Vitaly was in far worse condition over the last two rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X