No announcement yet.

HBO Is Sinking... Good Thing They've Found Gold In GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
    GGG shined but overall it was a pathetic event with disgusting undercards! HBO is stinkin it up.
    They sure are, that show was doo doo. Glad GGG brought some excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      HBO has some good fights but too bad they are all the way in the fall (bradley/marquez, rios/pac)
      Cleverly/Kovalev and Geale/Barker Aug.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
        They sure are, that show was doo doo. Glad GGG brought some excitement.
        I'm glad thou because that way the pressure starts to mount. Showtime is kliin them. HBO is putting on dudes most never heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          HBO would have never picked up those fights had they not been in such bad shape. Just being honest.

Comment

HBO would have never picked up those fights had they not been in such bad shape. Just being honest.
            They picked up those fights because Hershman's priority is getting the best fights possible regardless of who they are or where they're from which is how it should be. Not whoring the network out to Golden Boy and Haymon giving guys like Berto over a million dollars to make bum defenses against Freddy Hernandez the way HBO used to be run.

Using that M.O. they got Golovkin and Kovalev two of the most exciting rising starts in the sport and Provodnikov vs Bradley in the possible FOTY. Seems to be working okay.

Comment

Showtime and HBO exchanged philosophies when Hershman took over at HBO. HBO is a lot like the Showtime of old, just with more resources. And SHO is a lot like old HBO with that GBP output deal, but one step further.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
                The two undercard fights were horrendous. Their recent shows have been crap. Showtime is str8 owning the former boxing network king. It must suck to me HBO right now. Golden Boy and Mayweather are strictly Showtime and HBO is sucking worse than Showtime has ever sucked... and that's pretty bad. Good thing for HBO that they have that Mad Magazine looking motherfocker, dude is a freakin' animal. GGG is Gold at the moment... he KO's Sergio, Canelo & Chavez Jr. I won't mention Floyd, cuz he'll never consider fighting GGG.
                So hbo has manny p, Marquez Tim Bradley rios Alvarado ruslan a ward ggg Martinez Stevenson Froch kovalev nonito rigondeux Chavez jr Crawford Gamboa mikey Garcia pascal and coming up oscar Valdez Felix Verdejo and Jose benavidez but there sinking gtfo dude Gbp and showtime are winning at the moment but hbo ain't going away any time soon

Comment

They picked up those fights because Hershman's priority is getting the best fights possible regardless of who they are or where they're from which is how it should be. Not whoring the network out to Golden Boy and Haymon giving guys like Berto over a million dollars to make bum defenses against Freddy Hernandez the way HBO used to be run.

Using that M.O. they got Golovkin and Kovalev two of the most exciting rising starts in the sport and Provodnikov vs Bradley in the possible FOTY. Seems to be working okay.
                  Just for the record I'm not even trying to knock those guys. Just giving my opinion.
                  Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Showtime and HBO exchanged philosophies when Hershman took over at HBO. HBO is a lot like the Showtime of old, just with more resources. And SHO is a lot like old HBO with that GBP output deal, but one step further.
                  yeah I agree but I don't know bro, HBO is in trouble imo

Comment

Just for the record I'm not even trying to knock those guys. Just giving my opinion.
                    yeah I agree but I don't know bro, HBO is in trouble imo
                    You're not in trouble if you get great fights for cheap, like Bradley Prov, Rios Alvarado 2, Froch Kessler. You're also not in trouble when your budding superstar wants to fight 5 times a year, for 350k. You're in trouble when your 14-1 showcase takes up 2.5m+, and especially if you lose 12m on a PPV, as fight 1 of a 6 fight contract,

Comment

ESPN Friday Night Fights is better than HBO at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X