Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saul Alvarez FINALLY showed some personality during the post fight interview! he used to always keep it politically correct and boring. Nice to see a change, he def needs more of this if he wants to be that next PPV star.

Now about the fight, i thought Cotto outclassed Canelo. I mean it's not like it's a complete robbery but i would of given Miguel an split decision. Canelo just needs to throw more punches to make it more convincing, maybe him having to train to lose weight is playing a big factor in his performance. Nice fight overall.

Comment

• From a true Cotto fan all I can say is congrats to Canelo and to his fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Oh and btw, I fully believe Cotto can more than hold his own with GGG.

Great fight and I think Canelo can win it.
        Cotto would hold his own with GGG for a short while but I seriously doubt he makes it past 8 rounds at the very most. More likely he get destroyed in 5 rounds. Canelo looked pretty bad early in this fight. His foot movement isn't very good. He might get destroyed quicker than Cotto would against Golovkin because he won't be able to avoid the punches.

I highly doubt Canelo will fight GGG anytime soon. Oscar doesn't want to lose his cash cow. If and when the fight happens, Canelo's team will demand a significant catch weight in favour of their fighter. Oscar is probably hoping GGG slows down in the near future so that if and when they do fight it won't be as dangerous for Alvarez.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          I'm watching the mexican broadcast right now, and they have Cotto 6-2 up after 8.

I agree that it was not as good a night for Canelo as HBO sold it....but that is a bad scorecard.....Canelo won fairly because he was sharper with his punches and had better defense...but he didn't really hurt Cotto badly or dominate him...They gave Cotto too much credit for hitting air and the american media gave Canelo too much credit for seemig strong even though his punches weren't buckling Cotto.
          jaja Don Lama esta loco, le va a llover mierda al Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            Everyone is saying bad card u ******
            Bad scores, right winner, all's well that ends well.

Comment

• Miguel Cotto
              James Kirkland
              Erislandy Lara
              Alfredo Angulo
              Floyd Mayweather Jr
              Austin Trout

I just hope people don't bring up the "experience" topic on Nelos next fight, he is already a young veteran.

Comment

• I don't see this dominant performance Canelo supposedly put on, he was made to look really amateurish early on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                  Cotto would hold his own with GGG for a short while but I seriously doubt he makes it past 8 rounds at the very most. More likely he get destroyed in 5 rounds. Canelo looked pretty bad early in this fight. His foot movement isn't very good. He might get destroyed quicker than Cotto would against Golovkin because he won't be able to avoid the punches.

I highly doubt Canelo will fight GGG anytime soon. Oscar doesn't want to lose his cash cow. If and when the fight happens, Canelo's team will demand a significant catch weight in favour of their fighter. Oscar is probably hoping GGG slows down in the near future so that if and when they do fight it won't be as dangerous for Alvarez.
                  Canelo is not getting destroyed.

He does struggle with lateral movement, but GGG is not a guy he'll have to go looking for. I think it would be a very good, competitive fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Also, Canelo's chin and general punch resistance is extremely impressive.

Miguel's got solid power but they were just bouncing off Canelo with no impact. I felt Canelo lost all respect for Miguel's power after 2 rounds.
                    Cotto's power is not tested whatsover at MW so you cant say he got "solid power", not at MW anyway. His stoppages have been vs a dude with no knees and the other one vs a castmember from the walking dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                      I don't see this dominant performance Canelo supposedly put on, he was made to look really amateurish early on.
                      Fukin hell are me and hype job the only ones that think this? Cotto was schooling him early only. Watch that fight in slow motion you guys will see lol. But really fight was 7-5 either way

Comment

Working...
                      X