No announcement yet.

Floyd bought tickets for his fight to cover low ticket sales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
    its funny to see floyd boys acting like they dont care about this... one of their BIGGEST bragging points is floyd's drawing power. but once news drops about lacking sales, they act like it doesnt matter. pretty interesting.
    Im not a Floyd fan but tickets were overpriced and anyway the important thing business wise is the gate and judging from the ticket prices with 13 k sold it was pretty high.

Comment

Dan Rafael don't know **** about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
        Im not a Floyd fan but tickets were overpriced and anyway the important thing business wise is the gate and judging from the ticket prices with 13 k sold it was pretty high.
        i REALLY thought about buying tickets for that event... especially after i saw the MGM package deals being promoted ($600 = suite & 2 tix to fight)....

same thing for pac/jmm... i thought about it.

even if floyd/ortiz fight turned out to be shít, i wouldve loved to experience fight week.

Comment

Originally posted by ooohhhnin View Post
          "A Nevada commission source opined that Mayweather camp may have bought just enough unsold tix simply to nudge his gate ahead Pacquiao-Mosley" -Dan Rafael. twitter
          You mean a promoter bought tickets for his own event?

This is SHOCKING news!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
            Dan Rafael don't know **** about boxing.
            When Muhammad Ali is sitting ringside for the Mayweather-Mosley fight... who bought that ticket? Wasn't it the promoter?

When Brad Pitt and Angelina jolie are sitting ringside for a Pac or May fight.... who bought those tickets?

If Robert Garcia and Bam-Bam Rios attended the fight, who would have bought the tickets for them?

Do you think Floyd and 50Cent went to the ticket window and bought tickets for the Berto/Ortiz fight?

It's almost staggering how little the Filipinos understand about the business of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
              i REALLY thought about buying tickets for that event... especially after i saw the MGM package deals being promoted ($600 = suite & 2 tix to fight)....

same thing for pac/jmm... i thought about it.

even if floyd/ortiz fight turned out to be shít, i wouldve loved to experience fight week.
              I was going to get that same package but I couldnt call of work for saturday and sunday morning it sucked.

I went to Manny vs Cotto and had that whole experience, i hope I can experience a floyd fight before he retires

If Floyd and Manny ever fought and I was there live id be too excited, i dont know if my heart would be able to take it lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                When Muhammad Ali is sitting ringside for the Mayweather-Mosley fight... who bought that ticket? Wasn't it the promoter?

When Brad Pitt and Angelina jolie are sitting ringside for a Pac or May fight.... who bought those tickets?

If Robert Garcia and Bam-Bam Rios attended the fight, who would have bought the tickets for them?

Do you think Floyd and 50Cent went to the ticket window and bought tickets for the Berto/Ortiz fight?

It's almost staggering how little the Filipinos understand about the business of boxing.
                You've got to be one of the most over-protective, butt hurt *****s in this forum.

Comment

Thread title:
                  Floyd bought tickets for his fight to cover low ticket sales

Actual Tweet:
                  A Nevada commission source opined that Mayweather camp may have bought just enough unsold tix simply to nudge his gate ahead Pacquiao-Mosley

LOL, you see the difference there?

Heres another tweet from Dan you could mention...

@danrafaelespn
                  Dan Rafael
                  "According to Nevada commission, Floyd-Ortiz gate was exactly $9M (14th all-time in Nev) with 13,364 tix sold, 3,052 unsold, 1,268 comps."

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                    Tickets were overpriced.
                    This exactly.

Like I said in another thread. I could damn near walk to MGM from my house. Im still not gonna pay 300 bucks to sit far as ****, pay for overpriced drinks, overpriced food, have to deal with traffic on the strip, and drunk ****ing tourists that think Vegas is "their town tonight woohoo".

**** that.

Comment

lmao and *****s were mad when Steve kim tweeted that the fight was selling so badly that the MGM was giving out unheard of promotion packages, little did they know the true numbers are much worse than even they realized

Floyd himself must be mad that a Filipino and a Mexican can come into his hometown and sellout the same arena 2 months in advance while he can't even come close to selling it out, even with comps and promotional packages

Comment

Working...
                      X