Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't make a fist well in left glove...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't make a fist well in left glove...

I bought the cheap $40 everlast gloves a while back. They did a decent job until just recently when i changed to mexican style handwraps from regular cotten ones.

In my left glove, i have been unable to make a good fist to the point where after i am done boxing and i go home, i can feel in the muscles/tendons on my left middle and ring fingers, between the middle and top knuckles, the middle phalanx area, is very sore and tender, especially when i wake in the morning, it hurts to make a fist and that feeling lasts most of the day.

This is only on my left hand. I dont wrap loosely, so i dont think its a matter of having bunched up wrapping on my hand. In my left glove, i am unable to reach the end of the fabric in the glove. I have long fingers, so thats not the issue. If i make a fist with all my might and dig my nails into my hand, then i can make a better fist.

Could this be due to cheap gloves? My trainer said he's had the same issue a long time ago and he thought it was due to the gloves.
    Last edited by Rockwellblonde; 12-26-2010, 05:04 PM.

It's not really due to cheap gloves, some high quality gloves have the same problem and i hate it as well.

Why would anybody think it's a good idea to hit your target with your fingers and not your knuckles?

I have like 4 pairs of bag gloves that i bought and only used once because of that reason.

My favorite model of bag gloves have to be the rival rb1 bag gloves, you can make i perfect first with them. I have had mine for 3 years, they stink. I want to change them but i can`t find anything better.

Comment

i had the same problem when i was a kid.

it's cause your not turning your hand all the way over
      when you hook.

Comment

If it aint broken dont fix it

I had the same issue with my middle knuckle on my right hand. It was because I couldnt make a solid fist....yes I bought expensive gloves which somehow solved the problem.

But hey why don't you buy a better gloves and also keep the cotton wraps? Do you really think you gain anything with mexican wraps?

Comment

as requested

Last edited by mr.thraz; 12-27-2010, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.thraz View Post
            thank's man you really helped me that's somegood advices

Comment

Nice video reply....

I noticed that Audley Harrison throws a hook like that. However me personally I don't feel it powerful this way...I also feel unpleasant feeling in my shoulder..

Comment

Originally posted by mr.thraz View Post
                In interesting tip, that is how some european trainers teach how to throw hooks. A lot of sambo fighters also throw hooks like that.

Personally it just doesn't work for me, i can't generate as much power like that than when i am throwing with my palm facing me.

That being said, some gloves are molded in a way so that you cant make a proper fist and your hands are always a little open, making you hit with your fingers even with straight punches. I think that's what the original poster was refering to.

Comment

It's the ****ty gloves. All the Everlast gloves I've ever used or tried on have a way of directing the punch to land on the fingers. Also, they all seemed to be cut too short for my hands, meaning that when I made a fist the top of the glove would really grind onto my knuckles.

Keep using them and they may **** up your hands, and it's really no fun at all.

Comment

I appreciate the video, thank you for responding. I will try turning over like that tomorrow when i hit the heavy bags (and whoever gets in my way at the grocery haha). Looking forward to a possible new hook method!

Comment

Working...
                    X