No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman has sold his soul...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass;15672090[B
    ]I want to see you guys say something negative about the company you work for at the risk of being fired.[/B] It's also true though, they're going to have a rematch and get half the buys, same ****ty fight and bamboozle boxing fans again. These guys can't retire soon enough.
    Not trying to justify/co-sign Team Pac's blatant BS by (falsely) pinning blame on USADA is NOT equal to 'saying something negative about the company you work'.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      I want to see you guys say something negative about the company you work for at the risk of being fired. It's also true though, they're going to have a rematch and get half the buys, same ****ty fight and bamboozle boxing fans again. These guys can't retire soon enough.
      PAC isn't "the company" he's a part of a small part of HBO as a whole. He's the networks biggest fighter for sure but he's on his way out. I didn't expect them to slam PAC but to be pointing their fingers on all types of directions to make up an excuse for why he lost was cringeworthy and seemed desperate at times. The guy checked that he was uninjured two hours before the fight but according to max he was supposed to have been given the pain killers anyway? If I'm not hurt but I take pain killers before a fight wouldn't that give me an edge in the sense that any pain that might be coming my way would be slightly dulled? ... So in max world the NSAC should just be handing out pain killers too anyone just because? Come on ... You can't seriously are with that! I fail to see the logic.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Good post. Max was getting respect from all corners all week for his non biased interview and fair, firm questioning of Manny. Even his haters gave him props.

The stuff on the fight last night was the complete opposite. I understand espn and Hbo have a narrative they are pushing and they pay his salary so I wasn't surprised.

Guess money is more important than professional respect for max. I don't blame him- mortgage, gas, food are not paid with respect.
        You're right. That's why I said they pulled him to the side and explained very carefully his position at their company and let him know who signs his checks. But take a guy like Teddy Atlas for example. While I don't agree with everything he says because he can say some wacky stuff and can't pick a fight so save his life. The man has integrity, he says what he wants and doesn't worry about the consequence, he will straight up SLAM a fighter regardless of who it is if he sees something he doesn't like.... Aaaaand that's why he's not on HBO or SHO and will always be on ESPN... His house probably isn't as nice as max, his car isn't probably as nice, his wardrobe definitely isn't... But the guy can sleep at night knowing he's his own man and he's not compromising what he believes in for a check... I respect that.

Not sure if I was given the choice to be Max or Teddy that I would automatically choose Teddy I'm flawed... And I'm not trying to come off holier than thou. But damn Max!!! You had it for a second there ... You said what people have been dying to here from an HBO guy for years... You got your props as a result ... And then you just threw it all away last night.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
          His house probably isn't as nice as max, his car isn't probably as nice, his wardrobe definitely isn't....
          **** made me lol

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
            Not really.. I thought it was a good assessment.

What you obviously missed:

-He said he doesn't want to see a rematch.
            -He said he scored it wide.
            -He said this is how people will sell it, not that thats what he thinks.
            No one saw my post? Everyone posting in this thread is incapable.

Comment

This is dangerous, kellerman, bernstein, merchant, lampley, atlas these are the guys that casual fans used to listen to. If they spew enough of this BS, whether we like it or not, casuals gets energized for rematch again. And we might probably see may-pac 2. Because according to recent rumors by some wackos (Pac clearly won in a slow motion replay in the fight; both missed badly and some of pacs connects were not counted and probably haven't seen clearly by the judges and compubox boys because it was too damn fast)

I watched it in slow motion and so what if Pac clearly won in slow motion replay, it's not how the fight is actually scored wackos no judge watches it in slow motion, no such thing LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                **** made me lol
                Dressing isn't Teddy's strong point... He's the Timothy Bradley of analysts. Bradley's another non dressing dude hahaha ... When he wears a suit he looks like a kid at his 8th grade graduation.

Comment

What did Roy Jones Jr. said after?????? Does anyone have the full interview?

Comment

Working...
                  X