No announcement yet.

The Cotto who fought Floyd versus the Manny who fought Bradley who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Manny beats him just as bad. The only way Cotto can win is if he outboxes Manny for 12 rounds like he did in the early rounds of their first meeting.
    Well thats what i mean with Floyd Cotto boxed more and Manny seemed to try to box more with Bradley..so it would be a box off

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
      Well in the Floyd fight he did not attack recklessly and get all macho like he did when he got dropped by Manny,so im assuming he would have more patience and a better game plan

he didn't really act recklessly against PAC..he just got hit with shots from angles he didn't see...i dont know how that woulda changed things

his best chance is to start the moonwalk around round 3 instead of 7

Comment

cotto had a better success with floyd because floyd is not a pressure offense fighter. with floyd, cotto had time to think and plan his next move. it was more like a chess game with floyd, take your time, pick your shots. with manny its hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit. how is cotto suppose to avoid that? cotto doesnt do well under pressure. this fight at 154 or 105 will still have the same outcome, cotto riding backwards on his bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
          cotto had a better success with floyd because floyd is not a pressure offense fighter. with floyd, cotto had time to think and plan his next move. it was more like a chess game with floyd, take your time, pick your shots. with manny its hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit. how is cotto suppose to avoid that? cotto doesnt do well under pressure. this fight at 154 or 105 will still have the same outcome, cotto riding backwards on his bike.
          The thing that stops me from agreeing with this is the constant demand of a catchweight

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
            At 154, Cotto wouldn't have to worry about weight-draining, he wouldn't have to worry about getting his face busted up. IDK why people are so convinced that the fight would play out the same EXACT way at 154 as it did at 145.

Comment

Cotto at 154 with no catchweight losses a close decision to Manny wont be shocked if he wins

Comment

Cotto.

People severely overlook the state Cotto was in for that first fight. He had his friend Santiago 'training him' and constructing his terrible gameplans, his footwork was atrocious, he was coming off a life and death battle with Clottey...not to mention the catch-weight.

It would be a good fight, but I think Manny would be outboxed over the 12 rounds by the current Cotto who has sorted all of those problems from 2009.

Comment

Manny can not beat Cotto at 154 , as a matter of fact he will NEVER fight Cotto at 154 , and why do think he won t fight at Cottos weight , because he will win lol ! its because he will lose and the Team Pac know it .

Comment

he'd stop cotto faster than he did the first time. pac is all wrong for him

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
                      Well thats what i mean with Floyd Cotto boxed more and Manny seemed to try to box more with Bradley..so it would be a box off
                      Well Cotto wins a box off if the fight plays out that way. But the thing is, I think Manny boxed more with Bradley because he was worried about Bradley charging in with the headbutts. I still think Pac's awkward angles, power and handspeed will still give Cotto problems at any weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X