GBP dropping hints for Cinco De Mayo card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd/canelo on cinco de mayo

Comment

Remember when canelo said he wanted to fight marquez? Perfect chance now.

Comment

i heard a mexican newspaper announced Marquez retirement already lol, there is no way its Marquez

i have no idea who it is, but i think it will be Mayweather

Comment

Canelo vs Miguel Vasquez, trilogy!

Comment

mayweather/guerrero and alvarez/cotto.

Comment

It'll be Mayweather Guerrero and Maidana-Canelo

Comment

Floyd will fight Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by LHRH89 View Post
                  Oscar Dela Hoya was just asked on espn deportes boxing show A LOS GOLPES to drop a hint on Canelo's next opponent. Simply said GBP wants to bring back those cards where every fight could be a legitimate main event. Compared it to When Chavez and Mike Tyson would be on the same card. He was asked whether it would be Cotto, but disregarded, so they followed up by throwing Austin Trouts name out there which was met a bigger look of disregard. Said the decision of Canelo's opponent would surprise everyone, due the fact everyone will consider it a dangerous fight for Canelo when they anounce it. Sounds like another Mayweather and Canelo co-feature. Best guess is Mayweather fights Guerrero, and Canelo vs ? Can't be Martinez, he's fighting in March, and Angulo isn't ready. I know Oscar has blown things up before only to leave us all pissed off, so I'm thinking it'll either be James Kirkland, or a possibly even Keith Thurman.
                  Thoughts?
                  Don't buy the BS that Oscar is trying to feed you. The truth is that Oscar has no clue who Alvarez's next opponent will be because Richard Schafer is still trying to find an opponent. He is doing one of two things: he is either begging Mayweather to fight Alvarez instead of Guerrerro or he is desperately trying to find an opponent not named Austin Trout that they can sell to boxing fans as a legitimate threat to Alvarez, something he has never faced in more than 40 professional fights.

Comment

Don't think it's going to be Mayweather. If GBP is really trying to sell him as the next best thing from Mexico then they will keep him away from Mayweather. Dela Hoya and Mayweather made a name for themselves fighting the right names at the right time, and right now is not the time for Canelo to face Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      Am I the only one that thinks.... it'll be Marquez?
                      Fits the typical Canelo profile
                      He's old and a weight division below him.
                      Might be
                      Or no.....................

Comment

Working...
                      X