No announcement yet.

Dawson should drop Scully

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED View Post
    Scully was on point 100%.... A lot of the lapses was just Chad being Chad.
    I agree with the first part, Scully was on point. But I didn't see any lapses from Chad, I think he kept his composure the whole night and executed his gameplan against a very crafty and dirty vet. Even if you beat a 47 year old Hopkins, you're going to look horrible doing it, it's just Hopkins' gameplan when things aren't going his way to stink the fight up.

Comment

Scully should drop you for being an ass.

Comment

hell no Skully is a good corner man and did a great job.........

Comment

Steward is vastly overrated IMO, Dawson need to stick to one trainer and work hard and listen to their instructions, Not chopping and changing like a footballers wife changing clothes every 2 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            i dont think scully gave dawson the right instructions against hopkins much of the time, dont think he had him fighting the right fight either. not bad but i think someone like steward would be better. he would have dawson keeping his range, standing tall and steppin around hopkins when he charges.

scully is a good trainer but with steward i think dawson wouldve stopped hopkins and become a better fighter in the future. dawson should use his height more and not lean forward so much or move in so close. he shouldnt be flatfooted either, dawson has such great mobility and throws combinations while on the move as good as anyone in boxing.

i think even though scully is doing a good job there are trainers out there that could take dawson to another level, if not steward he would improve greatly under floyd sr again if they could get past their diffrences.
            strongly disagree. Scully kept Dawson's energy up and kept him levelheaded and composed after the serious cuts and constant head butts. I don't think he is the greatest tactician, but I think Dawson is fine in that area. He need someone to keep his energy and intensity level up.

Nice job, Iceman.

Comment

TS cannot be serious.

Scully couldn't of given Dawson better advice inbetween rounds. He was constantly reminding him that he had to be aggressive and outwork Hopkins and Dawson was able to do it.

He kept Dawson on his game for bascially the whole 12 rounds and for Dawson that is something because he is normally a guy who takes rounds off.

Comment

Thought Scully's instructions was on point, Dawson just didn't execute. Like Scully kept telling him stop waiting for the perfect shot just stay active but he just kept waiting. The right hook to the body was there for him just didn't throw it enuff.

Comment

Some of the advice was a bit funny. "He's trying to land the right hand but as long as you're focused you'll be OK. Don't get countered by the right hand alright?" hmmm aren't you supposed to tell your fighter HOW not to get countered by a certain punch?

Comment

Originally posted by the_bringer View Post
                    i think scully gave chad proper instruction.

Lol @ the notion that if dawson had steward in his corner he would've somehow managed to stop a guy who's never been stopped before, uses footwork extremely well, and is barely ever even caught cleanly.

When's the last time chad ever imposed his will on anybody?
                    john told him what needed to be said,mainly keep active dont let hop steal rds,i thought my boy did one hell of a job last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Some of the advice was a bit funny. "He's trying to land the right hand but as long as you're focused you'll be OK. Don't get countered by the right hand alright?" hmmm aren't you supposed to tell your fighter HOW not to get countered by a certain punch?

Comment

Working...
                      X