Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why on earth do people think Froch will beat Groves in the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bradley is CRAP View Post
    Froch got battered like an English fry up. Groves dictated the pace for the whole fight, physically bullied him around the ring and without a shadow of a doubt took a lot out of him as a fighter.

He was smacked around like a ragdoll and now he's just gonna win the rematch against a fresh young lion like Groves? Froch seems to be delusional about his own abilities, I really feel sorry for him, he's going to get a pasting in this fight, I'm surprised he even took it.
    Simply...because he is Carl Froch. Froch is a rock-solid TOP 10 P4P fighter who rises to the occassion. His resume is second to none.I would only favor Ward in fight with him.

Groves will get schooled and badly KO'd in the rematch.

Comment

Because he beat him in the first fight....?

Comment

I thought Froch was going to win due to his experience in the first fight and I think it'll be the same in this one.

Comment

I think it'll be the same again. We saw groves at his best so far but we didn't see froch at his best. I think froch gunna take an ass whooping again but at the end of the fight groves will tire and Carl will overwhelm him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            I pick Froch to win because he showed in the first fight he can finish stronger. Also i think he underestimated Groves, and started too slow. This time he will start faster and sharper, and tighten up his defence.

I think groves will outbox him again, but Froch will stop him late. But it will be close.
            With all due respect I don't think Froch can do anything to tighten up his defence, Groves told him before the fight I'm going to hit you with the right hand... Froch replied "Oh great now I know all I have to do is keep my left hand up to block it, thanks Groves"
            Maybe not like that word for word but along the lines, yet did he do that one time in the fight???

Did he convinsingly beat Kessler?
            I don't think he did, I scored it a draw and If I recall so did Dan Rafael?
            That fight was competitive to the last minute and that was against a Kessler regarded as not as good anymore...

I just simply can't see how Froch is just going to start improving on things he has never improved on early on in his career, Groves needs to pace himself and If he does that and takes plan for a 12rd fight he wins with a wide UD easily.

Comment

Because this time they'll find a ref that will stop the fight after Froch lands a couple of jabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Groves fought a good fight and used his superior speed to good advantage, but it wasn't nearly as one sided as you (or Jim Watt) are making it.

Aside from the 1st Round KD, Froch never looked in serious trouble, despite taking a number of big shots, and whilst Groves' head hunting was getting all the attention, Froch was steadily working away at Groves' body.

Groves was undoubtedly up on the cards at the time of the stoppage but was also undeniably badly hurt and tiring. I had Groves 3 points up (about the same as the judges) with 4 more rounds to score and Froch looking dominant.

TBH I see little more that Groves can do in the rematch - he has to throw the dice and go all in from the opening bell, cos his best chance at winning is to put Froch away early - a battle of attrition is one Froch will almost certainly win.

Now Froch knows what's coming at him however I see a KO as being fairly unlikely - if Groves could put Froch down at will, you have to wonder why he didn't do it in the first fight. I actually see the rematch being stylistically similar to the first, with Groves looking sharp early, before fading in the mid-rounds and gradually slowing, getting broken down and ultimately stopped.
                Sorry but it was a very one sided beat down, you're not suppose to score punches that aren't landing or are landing off the arms and gloves...
                Froch was sloppy as anything but that is just his style, he isn't anything spectacular in the regards of being able to pick the perfect counter punch, minus that chin of his he would of been flattened.

Groves hardly took any punishment and was neglected of taking any punishment due to a fixed fight, this fight was clear daylight robbery it was fixed from the minute it begun the scorecards prove that.

End of the day full blooded power shots vs Carl Frochs arm punches...
                Its non comparable, Groves was schooling Froch just as good as Andre Ward was doing to him but luckily for Ward he wasn't going to get robbed because he wasn't fighting in England and Eddie Hearns wallet isn't deep enough to pull off a robbery state side.

Comment

groves was gatti'ing froch and froch's corner was about to stop the fight when groves was grazed by a jab and the ref saved froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
                    I think it'll be the same again. We saw groves at his best so far but we didn't see froch at his best. I think froch gunna take an ass whooping again but at the end of the fight groves will tire and Carl will overwhelm him.
                    That's a blatant excuse as any, Froch best what was that?
                    Was Froch at his best when he lost to Andre Ward?
                    When he robbed Andre Dirrell?

Must be a thing with people who have the forename of Andre...

Oh and ofcourse when Kessler beat him.

Carl Froch is a hard grind you down type of fighter but when someone is willing to fight back and can nullify his tactics he goes in a strop requiring a helping hand...
                    I.e. the referee in the Dirrell fight and the referee in the Groves fight

I use to be a fan of him but his sheer arrogance is just... Its not even put on its him being himself hes a grade A dickhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      Because this time they'll find a ref that will stop the fight after Froch lands a couple of jabs.
                      that is a sure way to start a riot

can you imagine froch winning via another dodgy decision, and a stadium with 60 to 80 thousand people letting him live it down?

he'll damage all his creditability

this fight needs to be fair, i hope Hern isnt paying a ref off or 2 judges.

Comment

Working...
                      X