Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't understand the star power of Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATG Snake.

Comment

Hes light skinned and women want to have sex with him that's it.

His resume is decent at best. I'm not a fan of Canelo because I think he's mostly hype but the one thing I give him credit for is his attitude he acts and believes that he is the best. Even when he fought Mayweather he acted like he was the one to beat him unlike Ortiz who was mentally intimidated and broken before the bell even rung.

Comment

Young good looking Mexican with enormous potential that happens to have uniquely colored hair and a great nickname. Oh and it seemed like he was Oscar's protege

Comment

He's an irish looking mexican with charisma. That about covers it. He's also a pretty good, fighter, just overhyped.

Comment

People feel the need to attach themselves with who they identify most with, it's weak but that's how it is. The hype is undeserving but with all that said I still think he's very talented and I do see him going far. Just needs to refine his skills a little more, load up a lot less and step in with the jab just to name a few.

Comment

Cos the girls love him and his snake

Comment

The word overrated is so overused in boxing that I hate to use it, but yeah, it applies to Canelo. I'm not saying he's not a good boxer and he still has a **** ton of potential, but the hype on him was through the atmosphere.

Obviously Floyd can make most look ordinary -- but Canelo was supposed to be a damn superhero depending on who you talked to. But dude looked AWFULLY pedestrian in the Floyd fight. **** and come to think of it the Trout fight as well.

Comment

It's because he's ginger, he stands out. If he had dark hair, he wouldn't be as marketable.

Comment

No different than what Arum did with ODLH, he has the appeal to females so market him like a rock star. GBP try to the do the same with Ortiz and Linares but failed as they got KOed multiple times

Comment

He is young, handsome and has a good enough amount of charisma to market...Until recently undefeated, has a unique image (ginger, pale Mexican) is a good fighter too. I can see why he was hyped, but for the most part, like who he has fought and beaten, it is not necessarily warranted.

A LOT of it came from the Floyd fight's build up in my opinion. He was made the face of Mexican boxing for a while which is a huge thing, he was (apparently) "The One" to beat Floyd too...
                      He has a lot of potential and you can bet your bottom dollar he will be successful and be around for years to come at a high level, but I feel as though a lot of his hype was for the Mayweather fight.
                      To illustrate my point, didn't Floyd once say something like 'Let them build guys into something they are not and I will beat them as though they aren't'..? (Something like that)

Comment

Working...
                      X