Chisora gets a crack at the European Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chisora gets a crack at the European Title

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/15803923.stm

You have to hand it to Warren in terms of getting his fighters opportunities after defeats, 1st DeGale and now Delboy.

Helenius ain't no mug, despite his skinny/fat physique. Sam Peter & Brewster both on his resume, although the only time I've seen him is on the Froch Abraham undercard when he made short work of his oponent, the Fins went wild for him that night. So should he have a hostile crowd backing him again in Helsinki.

Chisora will want to come into this one a different man to his last big outing vs Fury, both mentally and physically. This is a gift of an opportunity, I fancy Helenius to win this one though.

You do know Fury wasn't his last fight right?

Comment

Originally posted by OG Van Persie View Post
      You do know Fury wasn't his last fight right?
      I do indeed sir, that's why I said "his last big outing vs Fury"

Comment

Yeah fantastic opportunity for Chisora, although if he is gonna have any chance of taking it, he is gotta come looking a lot better conditioned than he did for the Fury fight. I mean it was a joke, he made Fury look like a lean washboard. I'm sure Warren has read him the riot act.

Brewster and Peter have both seen better days, but Helenius handled them both in impressive fashion, so you have to rank this guy as one of the top heavyweights coming through.

However, Chisora does have a good chin and can get on the inside to get his shots off. BUT he has to take the contest seriously and come in fit and healthy, otherwise its gonna be a long night for him.

Comment

Hellenius doesn't have the physique of a Klitschko but he does bang hard and fast and doesn't hang about as Del Boy will find out.

Comment

Originally posted by G_Child_123 View Post
            Yeah fantastic opportunity for Chisora, although if he is gonna have any chance of taking it, he is gotta come looking a lot better conditioned than he did for the Fury fight. I mean it was a joke, he made Fury look like a lean washboard. I'm sure Warren has read him the riot act.

Brewster and Peter have both seen better days, but Helenius handled them both in impressive fashion, so you have to rank this guy as one of the top heavyweights coming through.

However, Chisora does have a good chin and can get on the inside to get his shots off. BUT he has to take the contest seriously and come in fit and healthy, otherwise its gonna be a long night for him.
            This is pretty much my take on things, Chisora is gonna have to raise his him big time to take on a fella like Helenius; Who is certainly one of the better heavyweights out there at the moment.

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
            Hellenius doesn't have the physique of a Klitschko but he does bang hard and fast and doesn't hang about as Del Boy will find out.
            The guy can certainly box, and dishes out some damaging shots...

You'll always see me have a pop at pro boxers who don't look in shape, I just can't see any excuse, certainly when it comes to the full time ranks.... it means one of two things. Their diet aint right or their fitness training aint right, which when you're at that level is plain wrong. Not everyone is genetically gifted like Vitali and Wlad but there's no excuse for man **** and back fat when you're a full time athlete

This doesn't take away from the guys skills; you just wonder could a guy like that be even better?

Comment

Working...
            X