No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Pacman-southpaw issues?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs Pacman-southpaw issues?

We all know Mayweather has a great defense with his Philly stance/shoulder roll and he has effectively used it against many fighters. I know it is not his only method of defense but he seems to display it in nearly all his fights. IF he does get past Marquez, do you guys think a southpaw such as Pacquiao will pose probelms for his defense? I mean he is used to right handers and the defense will change up against a southpaw especially from his philly stance

Southpaws will give nearly everyone problems. He can use the shoulder roll against any righty and I dont think hardly anyone in the history of boxing could hit a Prime Floyd clean because he has just mastered that style. However, a Southpaw is different. The only time you can really use the shoulder roll alot is in tight. Other then that he will switch to Winky's high guard like he did against Zab after the first few rounds. Pac may slip some between the guard but Floyd will block most. That style takes away from your power but it also helps you get your shots off even quicker

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      Southpaws will give nearly everyone problems. He can use the shoulder roll against any righty and I dont think hardly anyone in the history of boxing could hit a Prime Floyd clean because he has just mastered that style. However, a Southpaw is different. The only time you can really use the shoulder roll alot is in tight. Other then that he will switch to Winky's high guard like he did against Zab after the first few rounds. Pac may slip some between the guard but Floyd will block most. That style takes away from your power but it also helps you get your shots off even quicker
      I think floyd will do things manny has never seen before he doesnt just defend with the shoulder roll

Comment

A speedy southpaw would alway trouble any boxer but someone of PBF has seen that before.

Comment

Mayweather has shown the ability to change his guard up, Pacquiao's southpaw stance and speed would give him trouble for a few rounds before he adapts, the question in this fight and pretty much all Mayweather fights, is whether Pacquiao can adapt to Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by skilgannon View Post
            We all know Mayweather has a great defense with his Philly stance/shoulder roll and he has effectively used it against many fighters. I know it is not his only method of defense but he seems to display it in nearly all his fights. IF he does get past Marquez, do you guys think a southpaw such as Pacquiao will pose probelms for his defense? I mean he is used to right handers and the defense will change up against a southpaw especially from his philly stance
            watch the judah/mayweather fight, then multiply zab by 10

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
              watch the judah/mayweather fight, then multiply zab by 10
              why do you bring that fight up so much? Zab didnt win a single round after the 4th. The only round he may have won was the 11th and thats only because Floyd put it on cruise control after the thing with his Uncle and Zab's dad. If it wasnt for that and maybe even still with that, Floyd easily won the last 8 rounds of that fight

Comment

pac can give floyd trouble like zab did.

floyd will change it up though.

roach needs to have 3 gameplans for a fight with floyd.

1 for what he thinks floyd will do in the beginning.

2 for what he think floyd will change to.

3 for manny just to go all out if the 1st two don't work.

manny can beat floyd but it won't be easy.

i think manny can win by split decision or a close ud and of course vice versa for floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  why do you bring that fight up so much? Zab didnt win a single round after the 4th. The only round he may have won was the 11th and thats only because Floyd put it on cruise control after the thing with his Uncle and Zab's dad. If it wasnt for that and maybe even still with that, Floyd easily won the last 8 rounds of that fight
                  because zab is a fast southpaw and similar in size to manny.

yes they don't fight anything alike but zab did his best work when he was on the offensive.

zab is mentally weak. yoel kept telling him he needed to get off first and go forward but he wouldn't.

manny will keep going forward no matter how many times floyd hits him.

zab could have won against floyd if he took the initiative. he let floyd set the pace and let floyd go forward.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
                    I think floyd will do things manny has never seen before he doesnt just defend with the shoulder roll
                    Of course, let me say this, the things that should worry manny fans, is

1) How pacquiao defends himself after he punches.
                    2) His leaning in unbalanced
                    3) Can he land on mayweather if he's going backwards.

See that looping right hook he did against hatton, then see how he was wide open but tucked his head down trying not to get caught.

I'm very interested to see if he can get away with that against Mayweather if they fight.

Mayweather fans need to be worried about

1) WORKRATE: Pac may throw alot of punches, wether they land or not, the judges are dumb and they cant tell.
                    2) Backing up: Mayweather gotta get off them ropes, especially if pac throws the left, dont back up, he'll just follow up with more punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X