No announcement yet.

Sultan Ibragimov retires.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fragilety View Post
    can't post the link but acording to a fight news interview he is not retiring
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...463525,00.html

Comment

Ibragimov: I’m not retiring!

Ibragimov: I’m not retiring!

Photo: Jim Everett
      By Alexey Potapov

Former WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov (22-1-1, 17 KOs) has given an exclusive interview to *********.com in which he told us he is not leaving boxing as had been reported. He also said he will be self-managed and will stop working with trainer Jeff Mayweather.

Sultan by now many people have read the reports. Are you officially retiring?

“I am not leaving boxing, nor did I consider leaving. Claims from my promoters that I shall leave boxing are false. They have no right to speak such words about me retiring. I will make that decision instead of them.”

When will you return to the ring?

“I think within a year. Now I need to receive an American visa and solve the business in USA. Now there are ongoing litigations and I can’t fight. But I absolutely will remain in boxing and I don’t want to continue any further speculation on this subject.”

How are things going in court?

“For me it’s very good. Soon all to end.”

With whom will you work with in the future?

“I will not have a manager. I’ll manage myself. For many years I have been engaged in professional boxing. I know a lot and I won’t be confused. As to which promotional companies I’ll work with, all this will be learned soon.”

Where will you fight, Russia or the USA?

“It can be both in Russia and in the USA. I don’t know.”

You will continue to work with trainer Jeff Mayweather?

“No. About this I can say Jeff is a great trainer. He has given me a lot in professional boxing, and I have learned a lot. I am very grateful to him, but we should part.”

Who will be your new trainer?

“I can’t tell to you now, but it will be an American trainer.”

You haven’t fought for more than a year-and-a-half. What is your physical condition?

“It’s excellent. I play football with friends. My condition is very good.”

There are rumors that you have a child in the USA.

“It is a lie! Here I have nothing to say.”

http://www.f i g h t n e w s.com/?p=19373#more-19373

Comment

his retirement report is old news.it came out July 22 I believe.we will see.he made alot of money vs Briggs,klitschko,Austin.he isn't a boring fighter.his fight with wlad sucked but his fights with whitaker & Austin were good fights & he destoyed mora in the 1st.Briggs was injured & very sick & was forced to fight even thou ibragimov & Briggs doctor suggested Briggs take a year off.Briggs wasn't about to let the payday out the door.now Briggs is talking comeback & he weighs 330.well see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2010 View Post
          The Klitschkos DOMINATE and ruin fighters. Unbelievable there was no VICIOUS KO in this punch perfect performance by Wladamir.
          You should put your klitschko underwear on & jerk off some more to the pictures of them naked on your wall...the fans were booing him in Germany after the fight.he was do scared of a sanders type knockout he never threw the right.terrible fight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2010 View Post
            Tua was a fat bum that accomplished nothing in his career while the Klitschkos are dominating an era.
            the bitchkos are winning now when there is noone to fight.tua has fought way better competition than vitali ever did.while tua was fighting the best vitali was quitting vs Byrd & never has beaten anyone of the 90's era & wlad lost to puritty,brewster,& got destoyed by sanders.you obviously must be young & never watched boxing back then.the klits were not good enough to compete with the best from 95-2003.Tyson,Holyfield,&lewis all ruled that generation.the klits had their chances but when you can't beat sanders,puritty& brewster & you QUIT vs Byrd when you are winning & have a 50lbs weight advantage you don't deserve a shot.vitali fights fat out if shape guys.even lewis was out of shape & semi-retired from a year off partying after he beat Tyson & he gave vitali a shot with only 2 weeks notice & never trained & vitali still lost.if lewis was even half in shape vitali doesn't last 6 rounds.look at his eye from a out of shape lewis....the klitschkos are eating scraps of what's left by Holyfield & lewis' era.they couldn't cut it until lewis retired & all the real contenders got old & fat & retired.vitali his 2 biggest fights he lost.he quit & got his eye almost punched out.since lewis fight vitali has not beat anyone that has been in shape.all the boxers were fat & out of shape.they all thought hey I'll take a nice fat payday & disappear.vitali decided to retire instead of cleaning up the division.knee injuries don't take 4 years to heal.he just bitched out & only came back because he could beat the joke heavyweight division today.arreola weighs 300 pounds! Come fight night he may get down to 270.another fat slug.tua could come out & still beat most of the division.he hasn't fought in 2 years.how many 40 & up are still fighting ? Too many because the division sucks! Face it the klits are only winning because there is no one to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              his retirement report is old news.it came out July 22 I believe.we will see.he made alot of money vs Briggs,klitschko,Austin.he isn't a boring fighter.his fight with wlad sucked but his fights with whitaker & Austin were good fights & he destoyed mora in the 1st.Briggs was injured & very sick & was forced to fight even thou ibragimov & Briggs doctor suggested Briggs take a year off.Briggs wasn't about to let the payday out the door.now Briggs is talking comeback & he weighs 330.well see how that goes.
              lol,,,briggs was in fine shape for the fight. he makes the same excuses after every fight. the guys an idiot

Comment

such a great loss for boxing
                im surprised he isnt more of a big draw after his sensational,unforgettable war with wlad klitschko

Comment

Working...
                X