Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

other than being a great white hope what makes golovkin so special?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wargerie View Post
    I just don't see it guys. What makes this guy so much more special than rigonduex? I know that he isn't really "white"(what makes someone white or not anyway???) and that that is from khazistan but the public doesn't know that they probably think that golovkin is from Russia I don't see why this guy has so much hype around him he has fought noting but bums and has yet to prove himself say (ward,froch) just bumafter bum.......
    Rigo's resume is not as different from GGG's as Rigo worshippers would like to believe. And the guy's name is Rigondeaux, get it right.

Comment

I wouldn't just refer to GGG as the great white hope, but as the great hope. Boxing needs another KO artist to become its economic bell cow. Fans will flock to GGG once he starts to get real mainstream attention. ****, everyone that asks me about boxing i refer to GGG.

Comment

Delete thread. Anyone who cannot see that golovkin has elite skills and talent is just an idiot. And he's not really white. His background is Russian/Korean

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
          Geale is white and Rubio has white splotches on him. Sergio is at least 75% white, possibly higher. As you can see, none of those guys count. A hope can't beat up other hopes and act like he did something.

Golovkin's only legit win is Stevens. He a brotha, he the real deal. He looks the way a champion should, just like lineal unified HW champion of the world Deontay Wilder.

I think you might be right on the latter part though, Golovkin gets no "respect in the hood" unless he's beating up a black American.

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
          To be honest I find the term "great white hope" insulting and plain stupid.

It implies that white boxing fans are waiting for a "savior" of sorts to prove that whites are not inferior to other races in boxing.
          Looking at boxing's current landscape, the are quite clearly not inferior, especially in the higher weight classes, so there's no need for a "great white hope".
          I always thought it was waiting for a decent white American boxer that white people could get behind in the States.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          His surname is Russian and his father is Russian, so yeah, he's white. I think he's half Asian. He was born in Kazakhstan in the 80s when it was part of the Soviet Union. He is as white as can be. Looks Russian, Russian father, Russian surname, Russian accent.
          lol how do you reconcile these two? He's clearly not as "white as can be", he's half Korean. His Kazakh accent, and Russian surname are irrelevant to his race which, like Andre Ward, is mixed. His twin bro on the left:

Last edited by Weebler I; 01-19-2015, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X