Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach: "In a couple more fights Golovkin will be the best PFP fighter in the world"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Canelo is 24, Golovkin 32.
    Because GGG will fold canelo, errol spence is the true future, GGG Though has 5 years left on him

Comment

Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
      I think this is big coming from what most consider the best trainer in the world... Especially considering GGG isn't trained by Freddy.
      Nobody with a brain considers Roach the best trainer in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
        Because GGG will fold canelo, errol spence is the true future, GGG Though has 5 years left on him
        Golovkin says he will fight for 5-7 more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Imo it shouldn't be considered the best win, because Canelo has done the square root of naff all at 160. Maybe if he gets a couple of good wins over top MWs.

Personally I don't really care if Golovkin is popular or rated PFP #1, I just found it interesting how highly an experienced rival trainer rated him.
          Well, technically he beat Angulo & Lara above 154. On a more serious note, I think your accomplishments in a division is not enough to determine the quality of a win. The overall skillset and the pedigree of the opponent you beat must also be taken into account.

Let's take Terence Crawford as an example. What's his best win? Burns, a lightweight champion with multiple title défenses at the time or Gamboa, who had done next to nothing at 135. The basic, limited fighter with decent wins at the weight or the highly regarded boxer with zero accomplishment in this division?

Comment

I had Murray beating Martinez so hes the true lineal champ at 160

If GGG beats him than hes the real lineal champ at 160

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
              Well, technically he beat Angulo & Lara above 154. On a more serious note, I think your accomplishments in a division is not enough to determine the quality of a win. The overall skillset and the pedigree of the opponent you beat must also be taken into account.

Let's take Terence Crawford as an example. What's his best win? Burns, a lightweight champion with multiple title défenses at the time or Gamboa, who had done next to nothing at 135. The basic, limited fighter with decent wins at the weight or the highly regarded boxer with zero accomplishment in this division?
              Yeah, but how can you assess a guy affirmatively if he has no record at the weight? To coin the cliche, we have weight classes for a reason, there are too many cases of a guy moving up and not making the grade or looking like a lesser fighter.

Beltran and Gamboa is a better comparison since Burns was shot and I think Beltran is clearly the better win, the proven guy at LW.

If Canelo was to move up and prove himself a force at 160 beating a couple of top guys, but until then he's just a JMW with a name in terms of rating him at 160.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 01-10-2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

You can forget cotto vs golovkin then

Honest from freddie

And my man Bernard Hopkins wants to fight golovkin at 50 years of age

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  I had Murray beating Martinez so hes the true lineal champ at 160

If GGG beats him than hes the real lineal champ at 160
                  I had Khomitsky beating Murray in the fight after that. Golovkin needs to rematch Sergey then.

Comment

In my opinion he already is the best fighter in the world pfp and has been for years. I don't have to see him beat every middleweight in the world to know how good he is. I bet a thousand dollars on him every fight and will continue to do so no matter who his opponent is.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      I had Khomitsky beating Murray in the fight after that. Golovkin needs to rematch Sergey then.
                      lol but both guys came in at SMW in that fight (163 & 162) so I don't think it could pass.

Comment

Working...
                      X