No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Juanma, Oquendo, Gonzalez Look Good in Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Juanma, Oquendo, Gonzalez Look Good in Camp

CAGUAS, PUERTO RICO - Showing a good physical condition, the former double world champion Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez and regional champions Jonathan "Polvo" Oquendo and Jose "Chelo" González, weighed in below the required limits for their fights on March 10 at the Roberto Clemente Coliseum in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The event is being staged by Top Rank, in association with PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP ) Zanfer Promotions and the Municipality of San Juan, and will be broadcast on Showtime.

[Click Here To Read More]

Juanma looks good at 140. He has the frame for the weight i think he is killing himself to make 126-130. He should stay at 135 for a mega showdown against cuban hypejob Gamboa. A fight against Rios would be pretty good too. Marquez.. Katsidis... plenty of options.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
      Juanma looks good at 140. He has the frame for the weight i think he is killing himself to make 126-130. He should stay at 135 for a mega showdown against cuban hypejob Gamboa. A fight against Rios would be pretty good too. Marquez.. Katsidis... plenty of options.
      lol...

Gamboa> EXPOSED hypejob Juanma

Rios would murder Juanma.

Juanma beats Kats.

Comment

Originally posted by reneg_2 View Post
        lol...

Gamboa> EXPOSED hypejob Juanma

Rios would murder Juanma.

Juanma beats Kats.
        I dont see how he was exposed by Gamboa. Styles make fights bro and I still think Gamboa vs Juanma is competitive if they fight. Dont forget your boys super suspect chin; without the durability of a Salido, he won't hold Juanmas punch.

Juanma looks crazy strong. Hopefully he will beat Salido and move up to show you guys that the weight was a factor. He will fight the best at 135 - 140.

Oquedo should get the dub and so should my black Rican in his respective 10 pounder.

Comment

screw rios vs gamboa (rios way too big)....lets get gamboa vs juanma at 135

Comment

Juanna gets murdered Rios, Gamboa will more than likely land at will due to Juanma's defense. Katsidis really?!?!?

Comment

Vintage Juanma, leaving himself wide open by throwing that wide ass right hook

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                Vintage Juanma, leaving himself wide open by throwing that wide ass right hook

That was my exact thoughts.

The way he threw that right hook, leaves the path open for a straight Right had to the chin.

I bet he will get his shit rocked in this fight again. I dont know why he is always working on strength, he is a strong dude already. He needs to work on that defense!

Comment

Great! At least no excuses this time from Juanma.

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
                    I dont see how he was exposed by Gamboa. Styles make fights bro and I still think Gamboa vs Juanma is competitive if they fight. Dont forget your boys super suspect chin; without the durability of a Salido, he won't hold Juanmas punch.

Juanma looks crazy strong. Hopefully he will beat Salido and move up to show you guys that the weight was a factor. He will fight the best at 135 - 140.

Oquedo should get the dub and so should my black Rican in his respective 10 pounder.
                    He's not saying Gamboa exposed Juan, rather, that Gamboa is greater than Juan... As far as your opinion that Lopez will be successful at 135-140, I think that unless he shortens up those hooks and tightens up his defense, he's never gonna make it past 126-130; specially against hard punchers like Salido and Gamboa. Also you're absoloutely right that weight is a big factor. That's exactly why he was so dominat as a 122er, because he was so big and strong. Now that he's at 126, he's still big and strong but not as much. Hopefully he can tighten up a bit and make the transformation Cotto, Barrera, and Morales made. Once they left their original weightclasses they knew they weren't as strong as before so along the way they learned how to box more!

Comment

Working...
                    X