Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone catch Max Kellerman's comment about GGG fighting like Joe Louis? WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max had a great moment there. OP is a moron.

Comment

Louis completely outboxed and outclassed all the top fighters of his era. Any comparison was to promote the HBO fighters. Not too different from all the NBA players over the last 15 years being compared to Michael Jordon.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
        The difference being Louis didn't swing as wildly and emit so much energy while missing those wild 100% power punches. I can't wait till Golovkin tries that on someone who can actually move their feet like Ward. That boy will be tired out by the 6th.
        I can't wait til Ward moves up and gets his shit pushed in by Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
          I think he looks more like Chavez Sr , style wise.

The one thing he uses like Joe Louis is his jab. He throws it to track his opponent when they try to move, so that to set time and distance for his right hand.

For the rest , Joe Louis fought from a different stance, with his head on a false angle and crouching more than GGG.

Joe Louis' hand speed and combination punching was also better , considering he was an HW.

As a side note, there is an interview in which GGG's trainer clearly states his idea of having GGG fight like Chavez sr . It's somewhere on you tube.
          Yes. Sanchez told GGG (when he was first coming to America) that he would change his stye to fight like JCC. It seems to suit GGG perfectly.

Comment

I dont see it. Definitely a Chavez Sr. In there but Louis? He relied on actual boxing and habdsoeef more so than his peer and pressure. He knew where to throw and when to throw without having to walk guys down necessarily. Dude was a special fighter in the truest sense. One of the most balanced styles ever. Even more so than Ali for instance.

Comment

nothing wrong with saying he thinks they have similiar styles. imo they do. it's not like he said GGG is as good as Louis etc. Agree with guys says he is more like chavez though

Comment

The difference being Louis didn't swing as wildly and emit so much energy while missing those wild 100% power punches. I can't wait till Golovkin tries that on someone who can actually move their feet like Ward. That boy will be tired out by the 6th.
                Man all of GGGS success is making you miserable. You can't stop talking about him lol.

Comment

Gamboa is a mini MIKE Tyson

Comment

Sorry but I don't see it either, Max is slowly becoming the most annoying person on sports tv.

I see Chavez Sr a lot, less head movement but you can see that. Max is almost becoming unwatchable.

Comment

Wow, I know you don't like the comparison but you're reaching here! Golovkin does not swing wildly, he places his punches very well and uses feints and the threat of his power to bully guys into positions to set up combinations! It's no surprise that his connect percentage is very good! As for "emitting so much energy" you're clearly just hating as anyone with a brain can see that Golovkin never wastes any energy needlessly

And Ward isn't the type of fighter to move his feet to avoid danger, he's a carbon copy of B-Hop who keeps fighters wary with punches then when they try to close in Ward/Hop grabs on and stifles their offence! I've no problem with that they're some of my favourite fighters!

Now for the longest time I've said Ward will beat GGG but I'm beginning to feel that Wards inactivity combined with Golovkins solid technique, cast iron chin, intelligence not to mention concussive power will overwhelm SOG.. Ward May be B-Hops heir apparent but he doesn't inherit his chin which can be checked!

Comment

Working...
                      X